Corporate Communications Social Media Intern - KS
Under close supervision, performs entry level professional duties providing the opportunity for professional training in various capacities. Performs entry level assigned duties to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures and standards required for successful performance. May perform duties such as gathering and organizing data to provide information for departmental special projects or reports; assist in preparing written reports; and accompany or shadow professional level employees on assignments. Assignments serve to offer practical experience and broad exposure to the organizational structure. Utilizes current department specific software to complete assignments.
The intern will work for the Corporate Communications team responsible for driving social media and employee communications strategies for Sprint in support of reputation objectives.
The intern will gain significant exposure to and/or be assigned to special projects for the Corporate Communications team which may include:
- News, graphic and video content
Social media outreach and campaign development
Social programs for employee engagement
External and internal events
- Benchmarking and measurement
- Work with professional communicators on a variety of communications needs, including strategy development, channel management, program management, writing and editing, and more.
- Must be able to work with both teams and independently.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects at once and manage time effectively.
- Strong planning and organizing skills and attention to detail are needed.
- Strong interest and understanding of how social media impacts communication programs and services.
- Communications measurement and reporting will be required.
- Enrolled in college or college graduate within the last 12 months, with a related degree
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative G.P.A.
- 3.0 cumulative G.P.A.
- Experience with the development, implementation and/or delivery of communications programs.
- Field of study: Journalism, Communications, Business Administration or related field.
- Ability to synthesize data from multiple sources.
If you want to start at the top, you'll do it with a Fortune 100 company that provides wireless and wireline services to most of the Fortune 500 companies. Sprint's college recruiting program is a great way to get started.
At Sprint, we're more than just talk. We've changed the way people communicate, how they work and how they stay connected on the go. Sprint is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Behind every decision we make, there is a passion and drive to develop technologies to enhance and simplify our customers' lives.
Are you ready for the big time?
Sprint is a background screening, drug screening, and E-Verify participating employer. We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
KSOPHL - Overland Park, KS Campus
6500 Sprint Pkwy
Sprint - 19 months ago
Sprint is a global integrated communications provider serving more than 26 million customers in over 100 countries. With more than $26...