Processes and monitors billing and follow up of claims submitted for payment to insurance payors, governmental payors and state agencies. All activities will be performed in support of the strategy, vision, and values of Phoebe. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All activities must be in compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity laws, HIPAA, ERISA, and other regulations, as appropriate.
2-3 years in a healthcare patient accounting environment preferrable in a hospital setting with previous job functions include billing and follow up of claims.
- High School Graduate.
- 2 - 3 in a structured business environment (Required)
- 2 - 3 years in hospital, physician office or insurance environment (Preferred)
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core values, mission and vision of the organization.
- Performs other duties as required and completes all job functions as per departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge in present areas of responsibility (i.e., self education, attends ongoing educational programs).
- Attends staff meetings and completes mandatory in-services and requirements and competency evaluations on time.
- Demonstrates competency at all levels in providing care to all patients based on age, sex, weight, and demonstrated needs. For nonclinical areas, has attended training and demonstrates usage of age- specific customer service skills.
PhoebePutney - 2 years ago