This position is responsible for participating in the day to day operations of the 7X24 Network Operations Control Center.
- Provide proactive and reactive network surveillance, troubleshooting, coordination and restoration of service affecting or potentially service affecting network events/issues.
- Provide technical assistance to field maintenance personnel.
- Provide trouble tracking, coordination, notification, escalation and documentation to resolve events/issues, efficiently minimizing customer impact.
- Accomplish prime objectives under the direction and guidance of a more experienced network controller or a supervisor.
- This position requires effectiveness in a stressful environment.
- Minimum 3 years experience in networking management technologies and environments.
- Associate degree in telecommunications related area or equivalent certification or experience.
- Working knowledge of network management methodologies, network operations environments and STV provided services that include transmission facilities, switching equipment, intelligent elements, remote surveillance, support equipment and systems.
- Understanding of network practices and procedures.
United Information Technologies - 2 years ago