Director – Advanced Analytics / Data Labs
Nordstrom is a fashion specialty retailer founded on a simple idea: offer each customer the best possible service, quality, value and selection. Nordstrom is a fashion specialty retailer founded on a simple idea: offer each customer the best possible service, quality, value and selection. As an integral part of a dynamic technology leadership team, the Director of Advanced Analytics / Data Labs will be responsible for shaping and leading a new, innovative and highly collaborative cross-functional analytics program, by leveraging, extending and introducing new organizational capabilities and technology assets.
At Nordstrom, providing great customer service goes beyond the selling floor. It takes a team of individuals with different talents and skills to continuously improve service and our results. Our Information Technologies division works in partnership with other areas of the Company to develop and support the business systems and technologies used throughout Nordstrom. When you join our team, you are welcomed into a family dedicated to creating memorable and rewarding shopping experiences for our customers.
The ideal candidate is an innovative, curious thought leader who thinks big, acts quickly, invests heavily in people and understands how what we do fits into the overarching long term strategy for the company.
- Engage broadly with the business to frame, structure and prioritize business problems where analytic projects or tools can have the biggest impact on Nordstrom’s business
- Work directly with business-unit and executive leadership on strategic analytics initiatives across the company; help influence strategic direction
- Create and foster an environment of innovation, team-work and solid execution
- Build the long term technology roadmap for business analytics and analytics as a service capability in collaboration with Enterprise Information, Business Architecture and the larger Technology organization
- Build and develop a cross-functional team of highly effective analysts, data scientists and technologists to support analytic initiatives and ongoing experimentation leveraging rich and diverse datasets in a startup like environment
- Develop and leverage strategic partner and key vendor relationships and provide input into vendor product roadmaps
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to Fortune™ magazine's list of '100 Best Companies to Work For.' We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
- Demonstrated people and thought leadership abilities in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Applied experience with data modeling, data warehousing and high performance data management technologies, practices and concepts
- Fluency with advanced analytics concepts including data mining, statistical analysis, predictive modeling, data visualization, experimental tools and techniques
- Curiosity and excitement for delivering truly unique and differentiating customer experiences
- Experience in retail and/or ecommerce a plus
- BS/BA degree in CIS, MIS, Business or equivalent education and experience required (MBA or advanced degree preferred)
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(K) savings and profit sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, men and...