Software Engineer (New Grad C++)-TEK002360
Thanks to our test, measurement and monitoring solutions, we're helping our customers bring advanced technologies to market. From consumer applications such as Mobile Protocol, CDMA 3G, to solutions for the medical and ATE markets - our work pervades everyday benefit. Tektronix’ Network Management Business enables the world’s largest network operators build, deploy and manage current and advanced communication networks, including fixed, mobile, IP and converged multi-service networks. These solutions monitor more than 30% of the world’s calls and their network diagnostic and performance monitoring solutions are installed in more than 100 carrier and cable networks in over 40 countries.
Software Engineer (New Grad, C++)
Context: If you believe that complex problems are just an opportunity to learn and stretch your skills to create innovative software solutions; if you want to work within some of the largest data storage and high speed networks in the world; if you want to be part of a talented, multi-disciplinary team that is at the forefront of the telecommunication industry innovation, then, you should join Tektronix Communications Engineering.
Tektronix Communications enables the world’s largest network operators to build, deploy and manage the most advanced fixed and mobile communication networks. Our solutions monitor more than 30% of the world’s calls and our diagnostic and performance monitoring solutions are providing value to more than 100 carrier and cable networks in over 40 countries.
Key Responsibilities: You will be responsible for creating innovative, real-time monitoring and analytics applications for the largest service providers. You will work as an integral member of a self-directed agile development team, taking part in all aspects of the software lifecycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, and validation.
· Strong programming and problem solving skills
· Curious, willing to take initiative and seek challenges in new technical areas
· Ability to view software from an Architectural and System perspective
· Ability to trace down and troubleshoot problems within a system
· Work well both individually and as a productive member of an agile development team
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, technical and organizational skills
· Thorough understanding of the role and importance of documentation at each level of the development process, including requirements, design, coding and testing
· Strong expertise with C or C++ is expected with proficiency in modern scripting languages (Python, Perl, bash, etc.) and at least one Linux or Unix Operating System such as Debian, Redhat/CentOS, or Solaris 10
· Strong Object-Oriented Analysis and Design skills with exposure to design tools and design patterns
· Exposure to telecom or data communications domains is a plus.
· Position level depending on experience – all levels open
· Platform designer working with kernel, drivers, scripts, firmware, and switch configurations.
· Embedded data plane designer working with IP and Telecom protocols on multi-core NPUs like Cavium, EZchip, etc.
· Real-time application designer working with inter-process communication (IPC), multithreading, mutexes, semaphores, etc.
Education: Enrolled in a BS or MS in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or other highly related major.
Danaher is a diversified technology leader that designs, manufactures, and markets innovative products and services to professional, medical, industrial, and commercial customers. Our portfolio of premier brands is among the most highly recognized in each of the markets we serve. Danaher’s portfolio is comprised of five reporting segments: Test & Measurement; Environmental; Life Sciences & Diagnostics; Dental; and Industrial Technologies. Driven by a foundation provided by the Danaher Business System, Danaher’s 48,000 associates serve customers in more than 125 countries and generated $13.2 billion of revenue in 2010.
Organization: Tektronix Communications
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: North America-United States-TX-Dallas
Tektronix Communications - 13 months ago