About MPSC: MPSC is a Falls Church, Virginia-based, minority and veteran-owned firm. We provide a full spectrum of professional, administrative and support services to the federal government and private industry.
Our PERFORMANCE is our #1 Priority.
What makes us the best choice?— we have a passion for the business, reflected in the years of military experience our team represents as well as the scope of our contract work, coupled with our commitment to hiring the best qualified people.
Military Personnel Services Corp. (MPSC) is seeking qualified individuals to serve as a temporary (approximately 1 year) Survivor Services Coordinators in support of a national contract for the Army National Guard (ARNG). The Survivor Services Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and assisting in the planning and development of statewide operations for Survivor Outreach Services Program.
Major responsibilities include (not all inclusive) – The Survivor Services Coordinator will manage all aspects of the SOS while serving as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Survivor support & services within the respective state.
- Provide basic financial referrals regarding financial affairs, including but not limited to survivor benefits, budgeting, college savings plans, health care (Tricare and Medicare), long term care insurance, asset allocation, retirement savings, life insurance, and other related programs and services.
- Coordinate with Casualty Assistance Center (CAC) Benefits Coordinator/Specialist and AC/USAR Support Coordinators in service delivery to Survivors.
- Coordinate support groups, life skill education and referrals for supportive counseling for Survivors using various venues. Provide information, referral, and respite care services as requested.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
- Prepare and conduct MFH & SOS program-related briefings and/or presentations for state and national groups and civic organizations as permitted. Communicate the program benefits to all interested parties
- Use NGB authorized systems/databases to identify and track the level of support.
MPSC offers a competitive benefits program which includes –
- Experience – B road based knowledge, experience, and skills in the areas of military personnel, casualty assistance, and Family programs as well as an understanding of the ARNG. The contract employee must demonstrate a working knowledge of military well-being programs including SOS, in addition to assorted ARNG Family program requirements.
- Education –
- Four years of college preferred; High School degree is required. Other combinations of experience and education that meet minimum qualifications may be considered.
- If applicable, successful military service.
- Minimum requirements –
- Be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power-Point.
- Be able to pass any necessary background investigation.
- Possess a current and valid state driver’s license.
- Have qualification to drive Government Owned GSA vehicles and obtain appropriate motor-vehicle insurance.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and have the ability to complete correspondence IAW NGR 25-52 and AR 25-50.
- Be a self-starter and be able to execute responsibilities with minimum oversight.
- Have the ability to plan and organize work activities to achieve established program objectives and goals.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English proficiently.
- Be a US Citizen.
- 10 paid vacation days
- 10 paid sick days
- 10 paid holidays
- company match of 3% of salary for 401K
- $50K Life Insurance Policy
- Comprehensive Health and Dental Plan.
Application Point of Contact for this announcement is Mr. Rich McDuff NLT February 15, 2013 . Please email resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . The resume will serve as the application and should be on a Word document – no more than two pages
Military Personnel Services Corporation (MPSC) is a consulting and services company that provides solutions and services to private industry...