The City of Louisville is now accepting applications for SEASONAL EMPLOYMENT. This position will work within our Parks Department and support the various Parks throughout the city. This is a 40 hour per week position and will work through September.
Under general supervision, performs work in maintaining the City's grounds by mowing, trimming, pruning, ground and irrigation system maintenance, and painting. This position will utilize a variety of related maintenance equipment such as weed trimmer, lawn tractor and miscellaneous hand tools. Performs other work as required.
ONLY ON-LINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
For more information please visit our website at: http://www.louisvilleco.gov/
Examples of Duties:
• Performs mowing, trimming and pruning.
• Maintains ground and irrigation system.
• Performs some painting, carpentry, and masonry work.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
All candidates must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid Colorado driver's license with a good driving record. Some mowing, landscaping and/or irrigation experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Able to utilize weed trimmer, lawn tractor, skid steer and miscellaneous hand tools.
• Knowledge of and willingness to apply work safety rules and procedures.
• Ability and experience in the safe operation of tools, equipment and vehicles.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, citizens, and contractors.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
Must wear ear protection when operating loud equipment. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. without assistance. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms, use hands and fingers to handle or feel tools or controls; read, speak and hear. Regularly required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, stand, walk, climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
OTHER NECESSARY REQUIREMENTS:
Candidates may be required to complete and pass a pre-placement physical, substance screen, and a background investigation prior to employment.
Frequent exposure to noise levels that may cause distractions. Work is performed in an outdoor environment occasionally in inclement weather conditions including: heat, rain, wind and sun.