We are seeking a Registration and Scheduling Coordinator to join our team of dedicated professionals as we continue our mission of improving the health of the communities we serve.
This position coordinates patient registration, scheduling and business office functions to ensure efficient operation of the office.
Other responsibilities include:
- Promptly answers telephone, acknowledges, greets and assists customers.
- Pre-registers/registers patients ensuring the collection of accurate and complete information.
- Schedules initial and on-going patient appointments in a manner which maximizes clinical productivity
- Makes referrals for financial assistance when needed
- Coordinates communication of Plan of Care, certification and other required information with physicians and payors
- Receives faxed referrals, reports and demographic information. Files, scans and disseminates this information accurately
Candidates will possess a high school degree and work history will include two years of health care business office experience with customer service experience preferred.
Other qualifications include:
About Mount Carmel Serving more than a million patients each year, Mount Carmel is the preferred healthcare provider in central Ohio. Our more than 8,500 employees and 1,500 physicians utilize state-of-the-art facilities, advanced technologies and the latest procedures to accomplish our mission of healing patients’ minds, bodies and spirits, and improving the health of the communities we serve.
- Effective Communication Skills: Verbally and non-verbally communicates in a friendly and helpful manner
- Knowledge of third-party payor procedures and regulations
- Strong customer service and conflict resolution skills
- Proficient in the use of healthcare and business software
Mount Carmel Health - 15 months ago