Merck is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer health products, as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
As a part of Merck Animal Health’s Plant Engineering & Maintenance Department at the Millsboro, DE facility, a Maintenance Supervisor - Production Systems and Equipment is responsible for the maintenance of GMP/VMD/USDA production equipment and systems. The Maintenance Supervisor provides leadership, cross-functional development and technical expertise to the operations and fosters an environment that allows for progressive and continuous improvement. The successful candidate must embrace and help to establish an empowered team culture.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
Supervises GMP/VMD/USDA Maintenance services including planning and maintenance of production systems and equipment such as HVAC, autoclaves, freeze dryers, centrifuges, bioreactors, ultra cold freezers, WFI Stills, Clean Steam Generators and packaging equipment which may include one or more of the following:
- Develops SOPs, test reports, and out of tolerance notifications.
- Conducts PM optimization, failure analysis, root cause determination and follow through with corrective/preventive actions.
- Generates quality maintenance reports and metrics.
- Directs or leads investigations re: Notice of Events, deviations, out of tolerance conditions and unexpected results.
- Lead Six Sigma Quality Teams to oversee the coordination of resources to implement improvement opportunities.
- Reduce Maintenance costs and improve Overall Equipment Effectiveness by driving principals of Six Sigma and Total Productive Maintenance.
- Contributes to the development of department budget.
- Oversees the coordination of building space allocation and layout, communication services and facilities expansion.
- Works on problems in which analysis of situation or data requires review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action.
- Acts as a subject matter expert to area supervisors; becomes actively involved as required to meet schedules or resolve problems.
- Represents Maintenance in cross-functional teams, projects and with internal and external customers. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects/schedules, etc.
- Selects, develops and evaluates personnel through coaching and mentoring while ensuring functional objectives are met.
- Ensures that team is adhering to safety policies, other company policies and management directives.
- Required: Associates Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar discipline. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of related experience in GMP/VMD/USDA regulated industry
- 2+ years leadership/supervisory experience
- Technical knowledge of HVAC, autoclaves, freeze dryers, centrifuges, bioreactors, ultra cold freezers, WFI, Clean Steam and packaging equipment
- Experience with Six Sigma projects and Total Productive Maintenance.
- Experience in an aseptic/clean room manufacturing environment
- Must be able to proactively motivate employees through positive, strong interpersonal, leadership and communications skills
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of GMP/VMD/USDA regulations
- Proficient in MS Office applications
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Merck’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
- Sealed Boiler Operator certification and/or Wastewater Treatment license
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
Merck is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes ted by search firms to any employee at Merck via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Former Military, Transitioning Service Members, National Guard & Reserves - We value your past and present service.
Job Title : Manager, Engineering
Primary Location: NA-US-DE-Millsboro
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Merck makes medicines for a number of maladies, from stuffy noses and asthma to hypertension and arthritis. The...