The IS Senior Analyst works as a member of the Clinical Information Services team that will implement and/or support the Epic Hospital Billing application as well as other applications requested by the hospital. Under minimal supervision, analyzes problems in terms of Rush workflows, Epic functionality and end user knowledge. Is a known expert for his/her application(s), applying knowledge of Epic functionality to address Rush issues. Participates in end-user design and validation meetings and supports roll-out of new implementations by participation in end-user acceptance testing, design of training modules, integrated testing and command center support. Supports live applications and sites by sharing on-call support, monitoring helpdesks tickets and designing enhancement and optimization solutions.
- Performs analysis, design, development and maintenance of Epic's Hospital Billing application and other hospital-related applications
- Configures vendor applications and products.
- Maintains system documentation and develops system specifications and procedures.
- Defines and documents user requirements.
- Learns and understands user department practices and procedures.
- Applies project planning and project management methodologies.
- Coordinates and leads short duration projects; monitoring project process, progress and results.
- Performs system testing; develop test plans. Prepares test data.
- Provides on-site user support during implementations.
- Takes on-call for system application support at scheduled times.
- Audits data entered by end users.
- Troubleshoots and tracks issues and problems.
- Applies systems development methodology to solve problems.
- Handles multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Follows Change Management processes.
- Collaborates with colleagues.
- Uses clear oral and written communication.
- Upgrades professional knowledge.
- Experience with Epic System's Hospital Billing application strongly desired
- Epic certification in Epic System's Hospital Billing application strongly desired
- Experience working in a hospital or other health care organization is strongly preferred.
- BS/BA degree in health care, computer science, business or related field required
With its comprehensive health care offerings and multiple facilities, Rush System for Health is in a hurry to get Chicagoans hale and...