The Nestlé Purina Support Center manufactures, repairs, inventories and tests the equipment used to make pet products around the world, while protecting the proprietary nature of the fabrication of Nestlé Purina production equipment. The facility utilizes a modern Machine Shop, an Investment Foundry, and a Sheet Metal and Welding Fabrication Shop, which have allowed the site to build a sizable spare parts inventory to provide even faster service to NPPC Factories.
This position is responsible for working with the screw manufacturing team from the welding, machining and warehouse departments. This position will hand grind screws, sand blast and paint equipment, and complete the final screw grinding and evaluation.
Screw Processor Job Responsibilities:
1) Media blasting of stainless steel and carbon steel parts
2) Painting/priming of equipment and components using Hi Volume Low Pressure (HVLP) equipment.
3) Helping shipping and receiving department with the un-crating and staging of extruder screws for evaluation or shipment.
4) Cleaning of extruder screws when needed using a power washer or Media blaster.
5) Saw screws in half when needing rejoining or if scrapped when needed.
6) Hand-grind all screws (new and rebuilds)
7) Evaluate completed screws, signoff of paperwork and update the Excel screw tracker as tasks are completed.
8) Keeping all areas of responsibilities clean and organized.
9) Maintaining all equipment and preforming PM’s within the areas of responsibilities.
- High School Diploma is required.
- 1-2 years experience in manufacturing environment.
- 1-2 years experience using and maintaining HVLP paint equipment while applying paint coatings to industrial equipment professionally and to an acceptable standard.
- 1-2 years experience within a physically demanding work environment.
- Team-oriented, self-motivated and good communicator.
-Must be dependable and reliable.
-Must be detail-oriented.
-Basic computer skills required.
We Stand Taller because we dare to make every day better. To give it our all. To put our name on the work we do. Doing the right things...