Description/Job Summary The Buyer will execute and administer acquisitions of aerospace and aviation hardware as well as analyze billing validation and verification reports ensuring compliance with subcontract terms. Other responsibilities include overseeing the preparation,
negotiation, and administration of aerospace and aviation hardware and/or software maintenance agreements with service or equipment vendors; preparing a synopsis or RFP for low dollar procurements, evaluate offers, perform cost/price analyses, and negotiate
and administer to completion after award. The Buyer will represent Arcata in customer meetings and will provide guidance and counsel pertaining to customer wishes/expectations relating to planned or current acquisitions or feasibility studies. In addition,
the Buyer will accomplish tasks in compliance with the FAR /NASA FAR Supplement. Extensive knowledge and expertise is important to successfully issuing complicated aerospace and aviation hardware and software proposals, analyze cost/price proposals, terms
and conditions, and negotiate based on intrinsic knowledge of the product/services being acquired.
Required Experience The Buyer position requires:
• Bachelor Degree in related discipline and at least 2-4 years of related experience.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel and Power Point. Ability to read, analyze and interpret government regulations and laws.
Preferred Experience The ideal candidate will have at least 2 - 4 years of practical experience with:
• Contract and subcontract administration, contract and procurement laws
• E-Commerce, the FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulation), the Truth in Negotiation Act, aerospace and aviation hardware procurement
• Knowledge of government subcontracting in compliance with FAR/NASA Supplement
• Cost plus, firm fixed priced, BPA, labor hour and requirements type contracting
• Software licensing and software support agreements
• Working in a fast paced, customer-oriented environment, be able to multi task, prepare reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
Details Arcata Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and supports a drug free environment.
Arcata Associates, Inc - 2 years ago
Arcata is a Nevada-based engineering services and information technology company established in 1979. They provide mission critical...