The Area: Software Development
AppRiver’s software developers develop the next-generation technologies for which we've become world-renowned. In addition to revolutionizing the email and web security technology business, we use our world-class code writing skills to innovate in a number of other areas as well. AppRiver is populated by extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented people; our Development team gets excited by developing new applications that really make a difference and are used by millions of people.
The Role: DevOps Team Lead
This position will be maintaining and improving existing cloud based security software using best practices and well-known design patterns. This position will be working with multiple business units to drive and improve these software products.
What you will be doing:
- Build a DevOps team from the scratch
- Create and maintain build, packaging and deployment scripts
- Manage performance monitoring systems and software instrumentation strategies
- Manage data scalability and maintenance
- Create new or enhance existing SDLC processes
- Troubleshoot and fix problems or route them to the appropriate individuals
- Work closely with developers, testers and engineers to unify operational efforts
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Three + years of demonstrated programming / scripting experience
- Experience with service oriented architecture and cloud computing
- Familiar with Microsoft Windows Server, SQL Server, Internet Information Server
This position will have the unique opportunity to establish the foundation of a new team in the emerging realm of DevOps. The individual selected will need to demonstrate not only technical capability, but sound decision-making and leadership experience.
- High level of personal commitment
- Phenomenal customer care attitude
- Self-directed and self-motivated with the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with highly scalable environments with no single point of failure
- Excellent logic, reasoning and problem solving skills
StackOverflow Jobs - 18 months ago
AppRiver was founded in April of 2002 to provide simple, yet powerful email and web security solutions to businesses of any size. The...