Adoption Event Associate
The Washington Humane Society (WHS) is seeking an outgoing, energetic and creative individual who is passionate about saving animals to join our team as the Adoption Event Associate and be part of transforming animal welfare in the District. WHS is the only Congressionally-chartered animal welfare agency in the United States and operates two open-admission shelters, a Behavior and Learning Center and the National Capital Area Spay and Neuter Center. Noted nationwide for flagship programs like Dog Tags, the PACK (People and Animals Cardio Klub) and the TNR program CatNiPP, WHS is a rapidly growing organization. This is a newly created position that will work with the Adoption Event Coordinator to build relationships with businesses to host regularly scheduled adoption events. The Adoption Event Associate will represent WHS at community events and to the media throughout the year.
The successful candidate will increase the number and quality of the Washington Humane Society’s offsite adoption events, further awareness of WHS within the community and help grow the number of donors and volunteers.
- A passion for and experience in animal welfare.
- A professional mindset, a proven desire to take initiative and a team player.
- Able to multi-task and handle fast-paced, demanding initiatives while also learning and applying new ideas
- A commitment to excellent customer service
- Proven organizational and time-management skills with a strong eye for details.
- Professional, clear, confident verbal and written communication abilities
- Commitment to helping the animals and people of DC
- The ability to work well independently on several projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of animal behavior and handling skills
- Maintain relationships with existing event venues; recruit, train, and manage volunteers to help at adoption events, and utilize events to showcase the work of WHS to city officials, the media and the public.
- Work as part of a team to execute large scale community events in targeted underserved communities to provide adoption and education opportunities.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume, letter of interest (including salary expectations), and completed printout of the online job application . Due to the volume of applications we receive and in the interest of thoughtfully considering individuals best suited for each position, the Human Resources Department will contact only those applicants moving forward in the selection process. No phone calls, please.
Washington Humane Society
Human Resources Department
4590 MacArthur Blvd, NW
Washington, DC 20007
(Please include position title in subject line)
Attention: Human Resources