High school graduate, (G.E.D.) Medical Terminology preferred. Two years relevant experience with at least one year of experience working in healthcare office setting, preferably in health information management areas with experience in medical records filing, prepping, scanning, quality analysis or similar position. Must demonstrate competency in all areas of Medical Records regulations.
Primary Job Functions
- Performs a quantitative analysis of each medical record to ensure completeness of documentation. Assigns completion of deficient medical records to the appropriate members of the medical staff. Inputs analysis of medical record information into computerized chart tracking system
- Ensures that all inpatient, Skilled Nursing Facility, ambulatory surgery and GI lab medical records are analyzed by reviewing the list with discharged patients’ names and comparing it to the computer system.
- Provides assistance to Health Information Management co-workers in all areas of medical records. Conforms to all PHS policies and procedures including Federal and State HIPAA guidelines.
- Assists with re-analysis of medical records to ensure completeness and updates the chart tracking computer system. Produces weekly pre-suspension list for medical staff leadership.
- Demonstrates a consistent level of performance; maintains documented standards of quality and productivity.
- Operates office equipment used in the routines of daily work, such as photocopy and facsimile equipment, computers and telephones.
- Understands and interacts with selected software applications in daily job assignments.
- Complies with PHS retention and record destruction policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
Presbyterian Healthcare Services - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -