Sr Supply Chain Planner
Category Operations-Supply Chain
Division CV Operations - SH
Location USA-MN-Brooklyn Park
Relocation No relocation assistance
Job Type Full Time - Regular
Travel Percentage less than 10%
Experience Required 4 years
Education Required Bachelors Degree
Medtronic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Candidates will play a highly collaborative and visible role as part of a global, cross-functional team. Work to develop and implement focused supply chain strategies which support business growth and profitability objectives, including customer satisfaction and product cost management. Advance and implement strategies throughout each stage of the product lifecycle, including inventory and obsolescence management, new product launch planning and execution, product rationalization, and performance monitoring. Own and drive continuous improvement within Sales and Operations Planning Process (S&OP). Assess variation within supply and demand and proactively manage alignment and communication flows, including implementation of allocation strategies that maximize financial performance. Liaise with and coordinate activities across multiple manufacturing sites and distribution centers which directly impact product availability and customer service level. Support implementation of global/regional process and systems enhancements to improve supply chain efficiency.
Support and participate in the Global Sales and Operations Planning Process for specific Structural Heart divisions
- Fully capture all sources of demand globally and understand the impacts of each stream to overall business objectives
- Develop rough-cut capacity and supply plans that best satisfy each demand stream and leverage manufacturing and supplier capability
- Perform purchasing for all Contract Manufacutring and OEM vendors cross Structural Heart. Prepare and issue purchase orders, expedite deliveries, resolve payment and quality problems with suppliers and Supplier quality functions. Maintain computerized purchasing system database, investigate inventory discrepancies and resolve delivery/receiving problems. Work with accounts receivable and suppliers to resolve purchase order receiving, invoicing, and reconciliation activities.
- Support distribution network assessments and implementations with detailed analysis of product flows, freight lanes, and inventory stocking strategies.
- Develop short term supply mitigation solutions in response to sudden demand changes, unplanned manufacturing shut-downs, or product quality issues. Communicate and coordinate tradeoffs and insure understanding, alignment, and adherence to the plans
- Communicate and coordinate with Regional Supply Chain regarding target setting, shortages, inventory deployment, obsolescence mitigation, rework & relabeling and other issues as they relate to availability of product globally
- Develop inventory and obsolescence reduction and avoidance plans to be used globally by marketing, distribution, and manufacturing operations
- Represent Supply Chain as a member of new product launch teams and flawlessly execute phase-in and phase-out
- Participate in process improvement teams designed to enhance global supply chain capability.
- Develop and implement supply chain analytical studies in support of process development and continuous improvement. Includes, but not limited to, direct interface with internal/external customers and participation on project teams for new product introductions or new business opportunities.
- Ensure integrity of data necessary to optimize supply chain systems and maintain metrics to measure supply chain performance. Includes: data collection, cleanup and management.
- Monitor assigned global supply chain metrics and recommend/implement corrective actions when necessary
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong Master data skills
- Ability to drive change and manage global projects / initiatives
- BS in business, engineering, supply chain or operations plus 4+ years in supply chain, planning, or operations related field with a heavy emphasis on forecasting /inventory management.
- Experienced PC skills specifically in MS Access, Visual Basic, MS Office applications and Demand Planner.
- Experience working with an ERP system for example JDE and/or SAP etc.
Previous/current experience in the medical device industry
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. • While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
Medtronic - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard -
Medtronic, Inc. is engaged in medical technology. The Company functions in seven operating segments that manufacture and sell device-based...