Title: Information Technology Internship (Summer 2013)
Location: Puerto Rico-Guaynabo-Bldg 03
Job Number: 13001705
JOB TITLE: Information Technology Internship (Summer 2013)
Cardinal Health is a global, dynamic Fortune 21 healthcare services and whole sale distribution company. We think of ourselves as the business behind healthcare because we focus on making it more cost-effective. We work with pharmacies, hospitals, doctor's offices, surgery centers and clinical labs-basically anywhere healthcare services are offered. We're an essential link that allows healthcare providers to reduce costs, improve operations and increase quality, so that they can offer better care to their patients.
Location - Dublin, Ohio
Start Date - May/June 2013
Hours - The summer program is a full-time internship, approximately 40 hours per week for approximately 12 weeks.
What Intern contributes to Cardinal Health
- All Cardinal Health internships are paid internships.
As an intern, you''ll work with other Cardinal Health professionals, as well as our business partners, customers and vendors. Your contributions will start on the first day, working on meaningful and exciting projects that will give you the hands-on experience you need to build a solid foundation for your career. As an intern with Cardinal Health, you will have the opportunity to interact with other interns and participate in tours, lectures and presentations that will increase your knowledge of Cardinal Health as well as develop your leadership skills.
What is expected of you for success in your role
Accountabilities in this role:
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications
- Create technical documentation and specifications for single system components
- Administer project plans, budgets and other key deliverables for project managers
- Participate in testing execution efforts
- Collect data, perform basic needs analysis and effectively communicate results
- Analyze data between multiple systems and make appropriate updates
- Work with business and IT resources to resolve data quality issues
- Test, monitor and review implemented solutions; perform analysis of collected data and communicate findings to appropriate parties
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Must be willing to work independently and make sound decisions expeditiously
- Strong quality and results orientation with a proactive approach
- Ability to prioritize requests effectively and understand importance and meet deadlines
- Must be willing to adapt to shifting requirements or priorities
- Ability to work independently with moderate level of direction
- Ability to work with MS office products
Progression toward a bachelor's degree in a related field
GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
Relevant coursework and/or projects
Previous internship experience preferred, but not required
Strong leadership, communication and analytical skills
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a $103 billion health care services company that improves the...