Headquartered in Wilmington, Del., Barclaycard US creates customized, co-branded credit card programs for some of the country's most successful travel, entertainment, retail, affinity and financial institutions. The business employs 1,300 associates.
Barclaycard, part of Barclays Global Retail Banking division, is a leading global payment business that helps consumers, retailers and businesses to make and accept payments flexibly, and to access short-term credit when needed.
The company is one of the pioneers of new forms of payments, and is at the forefront of developing viable contactless and mobile payment options for today and cutting edge forms of payment for the future. It also issues credit and charge cards to corporate customers and the British Government. Barclaycard partners with a wide range of organizations across the globe to offer their customers or members payment options and credit.
Barclaycard operates in the United States, Europe, Africa and the Middle and Far East.
- Manage staff of Compliance Testers that entails providing coaching, training, and leadership support as needed
- Assess product, compliance, or operational risks and develop risk management strategies
- Maintain documentation of Compliance related activities and monitor outcomes as necessary
- Communication to internal management and business partners related to activities associated with the Compliance Program
- Provide assistance to internal or external auditors in compliance related exams / reviews
- Prepare management reporting and scorecards regarding Compliance operations and associated progress
- Manage Compliance policies to ensure accurate and up to date Compliance policies as it relates to regulatory requirements, as well as compliance to Barclays Group policies, where applicable.
- Monitor Compliance systems to ensure operations effectiveness (MetricStream)
- Keep leadership informed and react appropriately to industry changes, trends, and best practices
- Ensure that Compliance policies and procedures have been documented, implemented, and communicated
- Create and maintain the Compliance Risk Assessments
- Develop and execute Compliance test plans and programs for key regulatory requirements, based on current business process design.
- Summarize and report Compliance test observations to Compliance team and business area management.
Assist in the coordination of the monthly Executive and Board Compliance scorecard report.
- Responsible to track Compliance open issues through resolution.
- Develop and publish compliance testing reporting and scorecard.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience in financial services or credit card industry required
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) or equivalent preferred
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with internal stakeholders and to achieve influence and support at a senior level
- Ability to see projects through to completion
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once