You will assist with scheduling, supervision of team members as well as with the day-to-day flow of the department. Additionally you will maintain attractive Grocery displays and support the regional Grocery vision. Your will work closely with the Grocery Team Leader (Dept Manager) and Associate Team Leader(s)(Assistant Dept Manager) to ensure smooth operation of the Grocery Team. You will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and team members.
- Make sure the customers are being taken care of and the department looks great at all times. Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, delightful service.
- All duties and responsibilities of Grocery Team Member
- May assist with interviewing
- Help train Team Members in a manner that builds and sustains a high-performance team and minimizes turnover as delegated by Team Leader and Associate Team Leader
- Establish and maintain a positive work environment that supports a high Team Member morale.
- Communicate and maintain Team Member safety and security standards.
- Supervise and delegate tasks to Grocery Team Members.
- Assist in training of new Team Members, utilizing learning checklists and training materials.
- Complete spoilage, sampling, temperature, and sweep worksheets as required.
- Support national, regional, and store programs.
- Follows and complies with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adheres to safe work practices.
- Responds promptly to customer needs and questions and requests assistance when necessary, including answering the store phone system.
- Open and close department according to established procedures.
- Oversee team and resolve difficult customer situations.
- Determine break schedule and insure all necessary breaks are given.
- Communicate team concerns to the Team Leader and Associate Team Leader.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Minimum 1 year Grocery experience or equivalent.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities of Courtesy Clerk and Grocery Team Member.
- Extensive knowledge of Grocery Team procedures and policies.
- Capable of teaching others in a constructive and positive manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and team members.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of position.
- Ability to operate all necessary equipment.
- Strong organizational skills; basic computer skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- Able to prioritize efficiently and delegate responsibilities.
- Use of box cutters.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
•Austin, Texas-based Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFM) is the leading natural and organic food retailer, and one of the most vibrant...