Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Altec and its partner companies are a leading provider of products and services to the electric utility, telecommunications and contractor markets. We specialize in the design, manufacture, sale, and servicing of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, and specialty equipment. Altec provides these products and services in over 100 countries throughout the world.
The National Service Group honors Altec's commitment to be there for the life of the equipment. The promise is backed up by the most complete and comprehensive service and support capability in the industry.
The immediate opportunity is for a Mobile Tech to provide service to the customer, completing such work at customer facilities or worksites. Provide quality service and repair of the Altec product line, primarily truck-mounted hydraulic equipment. Work from your home with a company vehicle, special tools, lap top, cell phone, training, and support .
Provide effective maintenance, warranty, and repair services (structural and routine) on all Company product lines and selected other equipment.
Certification from the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) is a plus!
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Possess the basic skills and product-related knowledge necessary to work on Aerials, Full Flow Derricks, Basic Hydraulics and Basic Electrical. This experience could be gained in the servicing of same or related heavy equipment (e.g., farm tractors, cranes, ground support equipment, construction equipment, tanks).
- This position will also require successful completion of company-sponsored training and certification during the first year(s) of employment, e.g., Fluid Power Society (FPS) certification, Basic Hydraulic, Basic Electrical, Large and Small Aerial classes.
For immediate consideration,
- Basic knowledge of Electrical and JIC schematics.
- Ability to learn computer skills necessary for communication and records keeping.
- Overtime and shift work may be required. In addition, a Mobile Service Technician must be able to work hourly schedules that are not likely to be uniform day-to-day and to travel, extensively at times, to meet customer needs.
- Physical effort is required to move objects that may weigh up to 75 pounds, including service-related tools.
- Frequent stooping, bending, squatting and kneeling are required to service and repair equipment.
- A high level of dexterity is required in the use of a variety of hand and power tools.
- Able to obtain DOT card.
- Able to maintain the assigned company vehicle and vehicle inventory in a clean, organized manner.
Apply on-line at http://www.altec.com/careers.php
Or send an e-mail to email@example.com
Altec pursues a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, goals build upon it, and everyone plays an essential role in helping to achieve it. The history, tradition and culture of Altec reflect our values (alphabetical): • Customer first • Enjoyment of work • Family • Financial stability • Integrity • People are our greatest strength • Quality • Spiritual development • Teamwork
- Complete service and repair tasks ranging from the basic to complex. Such tasks include troubleshooting and repair of chassis electrical interface; setting and verifying hydraulic pressures and determining overall condition of machines through inspection and operation; performing major tasks such as rotation bearing and boom replacement; performing leveling and drive cable/chain replacement; pump and PTO diagnosis and replacement; hydraulic and electrical troubleshooting; replacing electrical and hydraulic components.
- Complete assigned work, e.g., maintenance, service and repair including PM inspections, in a complete and efficient manner.
- Keep skills and knowledge base current to effectively service and repair new machinery and implement new service and repair techniques. Acquire an effective knowledge of service procedures.
- Utilize operator’s and parts & maintenance manuals to determine procedures and in identifying parts.
- Perform all tasks in a manner consistent with Altec safety practices and procedures and any as may be required by the customer.
- Practice clear, consistent, and concise communication.
- Maintain accurate records of all service, repair and other work. Comply with record keeping requirements such as time tracking, parts inventory, customer invoicing, and expense reporting.
- Assist in providing instruction to customer staff.
- Coordinate with sales representatives and supervisor to advise of possible new product needs of the customer and of situations potentially impacting the customer relationship.
- Work to generate additional service and parts revenue, as appropriate.
- Provide training to more junior level or less experienced associates.
Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is leading the industry and setting the standard of excellence. We promote an environment built on teamwork where knowledge is shared and innovative solutions are the result. The expertise of our Team is as critical to our success as is the effectiveness of our products and solutions. At Altec, you can personally excel and work with peers to build and service the industry's most innovative products and solutions. Join the thousands who have made Altec their career decision!
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental, and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.
Altec is a leading provider of products and services to the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, lights and signs, and...