Facilities Technician (Electrician) - East & North Areas - 096561
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 162,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2011, Corporate Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #1 company in its annual "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com. JCI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and as such does not discriminate in its recruiting and selection process based on disability or handicap status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please call our Talent Acquisition Hotline at (414)-524-8999 and press option #0.
Performs facilities services and building maintenance and equipment system repairs, such as mechanical, HVAC, electrical, welding, and machine servicing.
1. Performs facilities technical services, building maintenance and equipment system repairs, such as mechanical, HVAC, electrical, welding, and machine servicing.
2. Perform preventive and corrective maintenance of low voltage electrical systems (offices, lighting, pumps) and electrical systems 3 phases/480V.
3. Repair of distribution pipping systems and valves (PVC, carbon steel, stainless steel, copper). Systems can include but not limited to; fire protection, potable, pluvial and waste water.
4. Perform industrial welding for industrial metals and piping.
5. Performs preventive and corrective maintenance for mechanical systems, such as, HVAC equipments, pumps, transmissions, rotary equipment, direct expansion refrigerated units, chillers, cooling towers, fire heated systems, automatic doors, among others.
6. May support predictive maintenance programs of building equipments. Schedule repairs for electrical and mechanical systems.
7. Usage of preventive program to performs regular inspections for facilities systems, such as, fire protection systems, doors, windows, restrooms, building structures, office areas and gates, etc.
8. Must comply with work order system, that includes interpreting work orders, performing work requested and completing work orders with general direction.
9. May train less experienced Facilities Technicians.
10. Plans, selects, and lays out required materials for service and repair work.
11. May use drawings, schematics, blueprints, P&ID, job layouts or verbal instructions and may operate a variety of tools and machines incidental to operations.
12. Work closely with planner, supervision and suppliers for spare parts and equipment requisitions and delivery.
13. May work in a static and mobile maintenance service programs.
14. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
15. Complies with all company policies and procedures and adhere to company standards.
16. Performs any other miscellaneous duties as requested.
1. Completion of a Technical Degree.
2. One (1) or more state licenses of Electrician, Refrigeration, Plumbing and/or Welding certified.
3. Three (3) or more years of experience in building equipment maintenance and repairs in an industrial and/or commercial environment.
4. Requires building maintenance and repairs technicial knowledge and skills.
5. Must be physically able to perform basic maintenance tasks to the highest caliber, which includes ability to: climb ladders, work in confined spaces, lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 lbs., etc.
6. Experience working in static and mobile maintenance service programs, preferred.
7. Must be able to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays as needed.
8. May be required to use a variety of hand and power tools or forklift.
9. May be required to possess a valid driver’s license.
10. Must be a team player committed to working in a quality environment.
Johnson Controls - 16 months ago
Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings and...