Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires a minimum formal education of some high school and a minimum one year job-related experience preferred.
- Previous meeting and event set-up and clean-up experience a plus.
- Must be able to abide by the company appearance standards and compliance with the designated uniform.
- Dedicated to exceeding service standards and providing services and standards to the highest caliber.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in oral and written communication skills in English. Must be able to read and interpret Banquet Event Orders and other communication methods used in Banquets.
- Must be able to work variable shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.and work the majority of shift on feet. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
Dolce Hotels and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. We require consent to pre-employment drug testing for all positions.
The Conference Set-Up Houseperson is responsible to set up all event/meeting rooms according to specifications.
Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to:
- Maintain all meeting rooms and adjoining public spaces in excellent condition at all times.
- Report all maintenance needs and damages to Department Manager/Supervisor for immediate repair.
- Follow daily work sheets and checklists through to completion.
- Maintain office area, storerooms, equipment, and work carts in excellent condition at all times.
- Set up and break down for meeting/banquet functions as needed.
- Set up and break down a variety of rooms in various styles and shapes.
- Follows Banquet Event Orders with strong attention to detail
- Maintains a strong knowledge of various types of set-up
- Assists the A/V team with setting up equipment
- Assists with transporting food/beverages to event location
- Attends appropriate department meetings
- Set out water, glasses, stationery, office supplies, and candies in rooms.
- Refresh rooms as needed through a variety of tasks including removing dirty dishes, and changing water.
- Return dirty dishes to the dishwashing area.
- Prepare carts with supplies needed for set-up or refreshment of rooms.
- Always maintains a professional demeanor and attitude
- Communicates all pertinent information to the set-up team
- Maintains constant awareness of safety issues, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons). Reports all safety incidents to the on-duty supervisor.
- Ensures proper handling, cleaning and sanitation of equipment, china, glass and silver.
- Follows through on lost and found procedures. No articles shall be removed from occupied rooms. Absolute respect for guest property should always be exercised.
- Report any needed repairs immediately to supervisor (such as leaky faucets or toilets, loose tile, broken window panes, missing nuts or screws, etc.).
Dolce Hotels and Resorts - 14 months ago