Perform full range of duties in the receipt, stow, kitting and issue of material. Ensure items being stowed or shipped meet requirements of MIL-STD 129N. Must use anti-static devices. Provide first article inspection, if required, as depot contract agreement. Comply and input Distribution Standard System (DSS) data, count, sort, weigh incoming articles to verify receipt of items on requisition or invoice.
- Identify, examine, classify, accept, reject, and dispose of material as per DLA regulations. Examinations may be visual or require measuring devices.
- Load material on and off skids, pallets, and stands.
- Prepare labels as required.
- Fill Materiel Request Orders (MROs) on a timely basis.
- Prepare various reports relating to distribution.
- Operate tools and equipment in performance of duties.
- Receive data from, and input data to, DSS and other automated systems.
- Operate MHE as assigned and hold appropriate license.
- Count, weigh, record data, apply tags and labels.
- Makes preventive maintenance adjustments to equipment.
- Ensure integrity of tools and equipment inventory.
- Perform all other duties as assigned working with and around Hazardous Material.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required. Two plus years of college or technical school highly desirable. (May substitute experience for education on a year-by-year basis).
- Minimum one year general experience.
- Minimum of one year specific experience in material handling, supply, distribution, inspection, Quality Assurance (QA), or related area.
- Must possess knowledge of inspection/examination procedures for material.
- Must possess knowledge of research techniques for unmarked/defective material requiring identification.
- Must be able to read contractual specifications, drawings, prints, schematics and photographs.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Suite of products including, Word, Excel, Access and E-mail business software.
- Must demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Position requires self-motivation and the ability to work effectively under a minimum of supervision.
- Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects, and have a strong attention for detail.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Security Clearance: (Level May Be Required)
- Must have a current US Government SECRET Personnel Security Clearance or be able to successfully complete a U.S. government administered Investigation.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must also be able to maintain a US Government SECRET clearance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds.
General office environment. Some travel both domestically and internationally required based on business demands.
Olgoonik - 10 months ago
- 17 days ago
Department of the Army
Fort Lee, VA
- 1 day ago
- 18 days ago