Olympus America, Inc. with headquarters in Center Valley, PA is a precision technology leader, creating innovative opto-digital solutions in health care and life science products throughout North America. Olympus works collaboratively with its customers and its affiliates worldwide to leverage R&D investment in precision technology and manufacturing processes across diverse business lines. These include: gastrointestinal endoscopes, accessories, and minimally invasive surgical products; advanced clinical and research microscopes.
Southborough, MA - The Director of Sales Training position can be located in Southborough, MA or in the field. The Director of Sales Training will plan, direct, and manage all training for the Medical Systems Group (MSG) Surgical Businesses Field Sales Team. The incumbent will manage all sales training events to include regional, national, and in the future, international programs. EOE M/F/D/V
Requirements and Responsibilities:
* Lead and manage team(s) to deliver sales training for the Surgical Businesses of MSG.
* Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, and others to plan, organize, design, and conduct all sales training programs and events for the sales force including but not limited to: in-house new hire training programs, field based training programs, and training programs at national sales meetings, regional meetings, and other events as appropriate.
* Oversee and direct the Training Programs Manager(s) who direct the logistics planning, set-up, and execution within budget of all sales training programs for the Surgical Businesses in a variety of locations.
* Oversee and direct the Training Programs Manager(s) responsible for on-boarding process for all Surgical Businesses; New Hires to include but not limited to Vendor Credentialing, In-field product service training, Home Study Program, Complaints Training, and Internal contacts orientation.
* Give direction on design and orchestration of Regional Field Trainer Programs for all Surgical Businesses.
* Manage the oversite of learning center portal content and Endolearning content as it relates to the Surgical Businesses.
* Build and monitor the department budgets, which may include delegation of budget building activities.
* Ensure the sharing of updates with international training partners related to the Surgical Business product line training tools.
* Prepare reports as necessary to update management on status of sales training programs.
* Collaborate with Marketing, Clinical, and Regional Field Trainer teams within business groups to build strong and business appropriate education programs.
* Supervise Senior Program Manager, Training Manager, and Coordinators.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
(ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED)
* A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent clinical/sales experience is required.
* A Master's of Business Administration is preferred.
* At least 5–7 years of professional work experience in sales, marketing, and/or training positions with demonstrated clinical expertise is required.
* A minimum of 2 years of experience in Sales and/or Marketing with Olympus Medical Products is preferred.
* At least 2 years of sales training or equivalent marketing training activities experience is preferred.
* Must have demonstrated experience of successfully leading people, team projects, and/or corporate initiatives to achieve strategic goals.
* Must have a basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
* SAP/QAD/Oracle experience is a plus.
* The following physical demands are required:
-Lift/Carry 25 pounds
-Stand/Sit/Walk 8 hours a day
-Operate moving vehicles
-Push/Pull 50+ pounds
Olympus - 20 months ago