Responsible for credit recommendation and/or approval, documentation and portfolio maintenance of BusinessLink applications.
1. Analyzes all necessary financial and credit data to make credit decisions/recommendations.
2. Ensures compliance with established loan policies, credit limits and regulatory requirements.
3. Ensures timely renewal and/or review of BusinessLink portfolio.
4. Identifies problems or potential problem loans and takes action to protect the Bank.
5. Ensures that Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met for own credit decisions, telephone and e-mail responses.
6. Ensures that customers receive prompt, courteous and accurate responses.
7. Identifies opportunities to pre-approve additional credit products as appropriate.
8. Communicates with branch staff, as needed, to develop any additional information needed to ensure an acceptable credit decision.
9. Identifies and recommends opportunities to increase revenues, expand product line and improve efficiencies within the underwriting section.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Req Education or Equivalent Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Seven to ten years
Field of Experience
• Commercial lending, including underwriting, documentation, legal/regulatory and other compliance issue.
• Knowledge of accounting
• Computer/systems operation
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer
• As delegated by Credit Administration, with recommendation of Credit and Unit Managers. Generally falls within the following range: $100M-$250M, may include term authority
• Analytical and research
• Bank product and service knowledge
• Customer service skills
• Effective negotiation skills
• Presentation skills
• Use personal computer
• Written and verbal communication skills
• May lead one or more employees performing similar work
• Sedentary Work: lifting a maximum of 10 pounds, frequent standing/walking
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West - 20 months ago
What is now Bank of the West has expanded over 130 years from the California frontier to its current position. The bank now serves nearly 4...