SERTA MATTRESS-NATIONAL BEDDING COMPANY
Maintains clean production and office work areas, rest rooms and break rooms following proper safety procedures.
*1. Cleans production and office work areas throughout the day. Removes debris and refuse. .
*2. Cleans restrooms and break rooms on a daily basis.
*3. Sweeps and mops floors and carpets throughout the work day.
*4. Maintains clear exits and building entryways, and assists with basic grounds upkeep as needed.
*5. Provides basic maintenance support by making minor equipment repairs, cleaning and lubricating parts or equipment,
assisting with light plumbing, replacing light bulbs, cleaning filters, and other preventive maintenance support.
6. Maintains adequate inventory of cleaning supplies and requests new supplies as needed.
7. Maintains documentation as needed regarding work and maintenance performed.
8. Assists with special projects as requested.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
1. Basic English reading/writing skills High school graduate or equivalent
2. One year of relevant experience
3. Must be at least 18 years of age.
1. High school graduate or equivalent
2. Good mechanical aptitude
3. Familiarity with safety programs in manufacturing environment
1. Effective communication and interpersonal skills
2. Effective organization skills
3. Basic ability to read and write English
4. Ability to interpret and support standards, policies and procedures established by Serta, or Federal, State or local agencies.
Work involves exposure to usual hazards found in a manufacturing environment. Work may also involve lifting, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis, and crawling, climbing with some overhead work.
SUPERVISED BY: Plant Manager and Maintenance Supervisor/Coordinator
Serta Mattress Company - 17 months ago