This is a Packaging Engineer II position in the Packaging Department, supporting the packaging for the North American Food Service (NAFS) product lines. The position is responsible for developing and implementing packaging components for NAFS. This includes, primary, secondary and tertiary packaging. It requires understanding multiple packaging materials and configurations. It also requires the ability to manage and execute multiple low risk projects at once.
- Managing and executing multiple low risk packaging projects
- Developing packaging BOM's, material specifications, finished packaging specifications and distribution specifications
- Understanding the relationship between the package, product and process.
- Reviewing quality issues and developing a plan to resolve it
- Building relationships with the business team (customer)
- Writing Special Batches and TPN's
- Conducting competitive material evaluations.
- Developing Packaging for new products
- Working on TDC projects
- Trouble shooting issues that arise during line trials and package testing on low risk projects.
- Apply the principles of data management, statistics and experimental design to determine a test plan and execute that plan.
- Understand the specification system.
- BS in a materials based program preferably Packaging.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the packaging industry (CPG experience preferred).
- Has a depth of technical expertise on more than one packaging materials or systems
- Able to write an implementation plan on a low risk project using sound technical methodology
- Determine the type of testing to simulate the distribution environment. Understands packaging material production processes and systems.
- Must be able to travel
- TOPS or CAPE
- MS Office Products
- Travel (25% to 35%) is often associated to line trials at manufacturing plants or breaking down cases of finished product for evaluation in a warehouse. A significant portion of the job is in a normal office environment.
CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
Campbell Valuing People, People Valuing Campbell
Campbell Soup Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Campbell Soup Company - 21 months ago
Campbell Soup Company is a growing global food company with annual sales of more than $8 billion and powerful brands in three core...