- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- A minimum of two to five years of Linux Systems Administration experience (RHEL 4/5/6 ).
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking and security technologies and services such as: Cisco IOS, OpenLDAP, OpenSSL, Kerberos, RADIUS, and SSH.
- Strong ability to automate tasks using scripting languages (Shell, PERL, etc.).
- Must currently hold a Security+ certification or be DoD 8570-compliant with the equivalent of an IAT II certification.
- Must currently hold a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or Linux+ certification.
- Experience with YUM and SPACEWALK update architectures and best practices.
- Experience with the SECSCN security scanning tool.
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced electronic engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multi-disciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
Purpose of the Job:
- To provide Linux systems administration support in production environments.
- To limit risk to the Fleet by applying best security practices.
- To aid in the assessment and authorization of Fleet systems.
- Install new and rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/ operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation, configuration and security procedures.
- Research and recommend innovative and, where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Apply and test RHEL, CentOS, and third-party application patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Have developed communication skills and the ability to express thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely, employing technical writing techniques.
- Must be a team player, dedicated to program support, capable of multitasking and working several complex and diverse tasks with simultaneous or near simultaneous deadlines.
- Be a self-starter who is accountable and requires minimal direction and supervision; a person who is open to new ideas.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Scientific Research Corporation - 15 months ago
Scientific Research Corporation (SRC) doesn't limit its services to the laboratory. The government contractor provides a wide variety...