Bronto Software provides solutions for retailers and other commerce-focused companies to drive revenue through targeted email and cross-channel marketing. The company serves over 1000 organizations worldwide, including Party City, Armani Exchange, Timex, Samsonite and Trek Bikes.
Bronto is consistently recognized for its products and services as well as being a great place to work. Some of our awards and designations include:
- Inc. 5000 - Ranked one of the fastest growing private software companies in the U.S.
- North Carolina Technology Association’s Software Company of the Year Award - 2011
- Stevie Award for Best Customer Service Department - 2009 and 2010
- Best Place to Work, Triangle Business Journal - 2010, 2011, 2012
- CODIE Finalist, Best Marketing Software - 2011, 2012
Building upon consistent growth since its founding in 2002, Bronto is now in the midst of a period of fast-paced growth as it expands its mission beyond email to become the leading marketing platform for retailers and other commerce-focused companies.
As part of Bronto's Engineering team, the Systems Administrator will play a key role in the transition to this next mission.
Bronto Software is seeking an experienced Linux Systems Administrator to join our Systems Engineering Team. In Systems Engineering, you’ll play a key role in ensuring the stability and performance of our e-commerce analytics and marketing automation Platform. You’ll be part of the team that owns the whole stack from hardware/OS to the applications that run our code, as well as the automation framework that makes it manageable at scale. The most successful candidates will have an strong skills in troubleshooting and problem solving, experience in software development AND system design, great communication skills, and the desire for solving complex problems at scale that are unique to Bronto.
Only apply if you want to:
- Be a part of an agile team of systems administrators working in the open source space using some of the latest technologies supporting Bronto’s dynamic infrastructure
- Use best-practice system design and create a resilient and scalable infrastructure
- Balance long term priorities to accomplish critical goals while shifting paradigms to support demanding needs and infrastructure hot button issues
- Hear/play random music on the airtunes, up to and including mashups. Possibly on repeat. (Sense of humor is a must)
- Build, manage and maintain Bronto’s fleet of servers in multiple data centers.
- Diagnose and root cause server hardware, system software, storage, and networking issues. Provide and apply workarounds and long term fixes.
- Develop process automation and tooling to monitor systems, collect data, and develop maintenance methodologies
- Review and influence new and evolving design, architecture, standards, and methods for operating services and systems.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- 3-5 years of full-time Systems Administration experience.
- Deep knowledge in linux operating systems, storage (RAID administration), and networking (TCP/IP, SSH, DNS, and DHCP) concepts and practices
- Strong Bash or Perl scripting proficiency, Ruby a plus!!!
- Experience with monitoring and alerting applications (Nagios, Cacti, Graphite, Splunk)
- Demonstrated experience working in a data center environment
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Nice to Have:
- Proficiency with Cisco networking configuration and troubleshooting as well as firewall and routing management
- Familiarity working with NoSQL technologies, especially Hadoop/HDFS systems
- Experience with OS and package automation using Foreman and Puppet
- Knowledge of security best practices from the user level all the way up to the enterprise network layer. (IPS/IDS, user security education, application hardening)
- Proficiency setting up and managing NFS, LDAP, Bind/DNS, DHCP
- Experience deploying and managing KVM
- Eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship
- Work out of our fun, comfortable Durham, NC HQ!
- Enjoy attending local DevOPS meetups held at Bronto Software!
- No agencies please!
Top Reasons to Join Bronto
- Clear Vision: All Brontos know why the company exists (our purpose) and where we are headed (our mission). Ask us!
- Live Our Values - Transparent, Approachable, Passionate. This is who we are.
- Great Location: The American Tobacco Campus in downtown Durham - Renovated tobacco factory with courtyard, stream, restaurants, coffee shop, taproom, YMCA...
- Community Involvement: All Brontos are given company time to volunteer at area non-profits
- Active Lifestyle: Wellness events, subsidized Y membership, local produce in the break room, dri-fit Bronto gear.
- Regular social events, including Fridays at Bronto’s kegs, Durham Bulls games, Wii and foosball, casino night and our legendary Assassin tournament!
- Competitive benefits
- Perks like a 5-week sabbatical every 5 years and free beverages and snacks
Visit http://brontonation.com to see the Bronto life through words, photos and videos.
Bronto Software - 20 months ago