If you are seeking a growing organization where you can use your talents to help others achieve their goals, join Strayer University. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including a 90% tuition discount and significant career growth opportunities.
The Director of Security manages the protection of Strayer University employees, staff, faculty, students and property. He/she develops, implements and maintains security procedures to meet required codes, regulations and the needs of the Company. The Director of Security also plays a lead role in the implementation and management of the Strayer University emergency preparedness system and emergency operations plans.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Leads the continuing development of security initiatives for Strayer University;
• Manages the Strayer University Emergency Notification System;
• Member of the Strayer University Emergency Management Team;
• Directs Company security activities such as protecting the Company and employees, staff, faculty and students from theft, sabotage and/or other situations that endanger the well-being of employees, staff, faculty, students or facilities;
• Establishes and maintains security processes and procedures for Strayer University;
• Conducts security audits on a regular basis to ensure effective and efficient security operations;
• Conducts internal security investigations;
• Coordinates, when appropriate or necessary, with outside law enforcement agencies;
• Establishes and maintains successful relationships with security companies providing security officers to Strayer University facilities and manages security guards (roles and responsibilities);
• Manages all access and badge issues (including access and badge activations and deactivations);
• Receives all internal security/incident reports and handles situations as appropriate;
• Works closely with other Strayer University departments, such as IT, HCM and Legal, to address security issues; and
• Other duties as may be reasonably assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5-7 years related minimum experience in corporate security
• Must have demonstrated knowledge of corporate security processes and procedures
• Experience working in a corporate office environment
• Experience handling corporate security for multiple facilities
• Law enforcement background a plus
• Must have strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Must be able to travel 20-40% of time
• Relocation assistance is not provided for this position
Strayer University has been successfully educating working adults since 1892. Through the years we've grown to become a respected national...