Position Summary: The Coordinator of Asset Recovery will monitor and oversee the disposal of assets for the company. Not every asset in the books with zero book values is worthless. These goods can be anywhere from old abandoned buildings, outdated manufacturing machines, equipment, etc. This role is responsible for the management of:
• Provide the most efficient way to dispose of company surplus no longer needed.
• Selling salvageable equipment for a suitable return on the investment.
• Environmentally responsible recycling of any decommissioned equipment.
• Complete removal of the assets from the properties.
• Auditable reports.
The position(s) will be located in Houston, Texas and reports directly to Nabors’ Director of Materials Management.
• Monitor the corporate asset accounts.
• Delivery comprehensive asset recovery solutions that are not only compliant with legal regulations, but with corporate business policies and procedures.
• Ensure all asset removal is efficient and thorough.
• Verification that productive equipment remains useful despite reaching zero-book values.
• Verification of de-commissioned equipment.
• Ensuring all equipment has passed through the past zero book valuation or are certified by authorized technicians as uneconomical to repair before scheduling for disposal.
• Maintain effective business relationships with third party buyers of assets for disposal.
• Arranging the schedule for the bidding of surplus supplies and equipment when required.
• Responsible for the documentation of all assets so that they are disposed of properly.
• Preparation of reports to Sr. Management regarding monthly asset disposals.
• Elimination of storage costs for old assets.
• Build relationships with all departments as required.
Candidate Summary: The ideal candidate will possess: (1) significant direct asset disposal experience, (2) the leadership and strategic skills to develop a coherent vision and plan for the function, (3) the operational skills to meet expectations of business operations, and (4) the interpersonal skills to work effectively across all of Nabors.
Key Attributes: • Interface actively in decision processes with all business units.
• Make decisions that properly reflect company policy.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skill.
• Strong people management skills.
• Excellent problem solving and time management skills.
• Strong communicator, comfortable outside own discipline; able to interact seamlessly across business operations.
• Strong written and organizational skills and the ability to work independently with changing priorities.
• Flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual; able to motivate themselves and others.
• Able to work in team environment.
• Sense of urgency.
• Multi-task with ability to manage with strong attention to detail.
• 3-5 years’ experience in related asset disposal functions or equivalent.
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Engineering and/or demonstrated competencies and commensurate experience.
• Proficient in MS Office or ERP applications.
Job Category or Functional Area
United States Of America-Texas-Houston-(Nabors Corporate Services) Houston Office
Oil and gas exploration and production companies need a little support in order to ply their trade around the globe, and like a good...