Greet customers on the drive, obtaining all the information necessary to repair the problems or maintenance with their vehicle. Follow through with the technicians and the customer so the customer feels we are giving “Truly Exceptional” service and the work is performed in the time frame promised. Complete appointments in DealerSocket daily and present MPI to every customer selling any additional work that is needed. Maintain excellence in customer service and sales as described below.
- Answering Phones
- Use DealerSocket to set all Appointments. When a customer request an appointment or you ask the customer to set an appointment, review your time allotment in DealerSocket. Ensure you have the time requested available. Do not set the appointment if you have an appointment already set for that time. (DealerSocket will not allow you to set more than one appointment in a specific time slot so make sure you have that time available before confirming.)
- Maintain 5 appointments per day at a minimum.
- Greet customers on the drive, obtain customer and vehicle data, and perform ten step walk-around. Update customer information as needed (address, especially email and cell phone numbers, etc…).
- Determine nature of desired service and/or complaint. Consult vehicle file. Promote the sales of labor, parts, and accessories without losing sight of the fact that you are an advisor to the customer. Focus on the customer complaint first, and then sell additional needs based on manufacture maintenance guide or dealer maintenance guide.
- Write clear and precise repair instructions on the repair order for the technician. Include a squeak and rattle sheet or drivability sheet fill out by the customer if needed.
- Set the expectation. Let the customer know when you will call them with an update. In addition let them know how long the repair will most likely take. (overestimate the time it will take)
- Obtain customer’s signature on RO or write-up sheet.
- Ensure all valuables are removed from the vehicle and customer has initialed by “I have removed all personal items from my vehicle”
- Denote all damage on the vehicle and have customer initial by the damaged section if there is damage. Write ND (no damage) if there is no damage on the vehicle.
- Provide estimate for labor and parts by emailing the RAP to the customer or presenting the RAP in paper form if customer is a waiter. If we are preforming diagnostics on the vehicle let the customer know when you will contact them with an update. When the diagnostic is complete contact the customer with a complete estimate. (all charges with tax and shop supplies “out the door”) Ask for the approval and explain how long the work will take.
- When the customer approves the repair ask for the last 4 of their social security number.
- If the repairs are declined note the decline on the RO the time and date you contacted the customer.
- Ensure all of your ROs are flowing through the shop and maintain contact with the customer to inform them of progress. Use Call Measurement to place all calls to the customer. Communicate with Shop Foreman/Tech (email) to determine status of jobs throughout the day.
- Make sure all drivability issues have been test driven and issue has been resolved. This will produce high CSI and ensure quality control checks are done consistently.
- Review all paper work and invoices to confirm proper pricing of service. Before contacting the customer, make sure all work is complete and RO stories are correct with charges.
- Telephone the customer using Call Measurement or Text customer when job is complete to review all charges with customer. Explain to the customer before they come to pick up vehicle, all charges, work performed and total dollar amount due. Discuss with the customer all work completed, any work not completed and any parts ordered for future visit.
- Attach all documentation including KYV, Active Delivery, completed paper work and keys to repair order, before filing in the bucket.
- When the customer arrives to pick up their vehicle; Discuss the survey: using the words “Truly Exceptional “service. “ I hope you feel I have given you Truly Exceptional service and would recommend me to your friends and family. If not please let me know. I want to make sure you are happy and will return and use us. Ford Motor Company may send you a survey in the mail or by email please take the time to fill it out and send back. This is our report card and we want to make sure we are giving Truly Exceptional Service to you.” Thank You
- DO NOT PRESSURE THE CUSTOMER FOR A SPECIFIC RESPONSE on the survey.
- Notify customer of next appointment date. (2 ½ months) Let them know we will contact them to ensure the date and time will work for them. Should this date and time not work we can reset a time that will work for their next visit.
- Maintain a CSI score above district. (Follow up via, phone/email/text)
- Work as a TEAM!!! Start the write-up for a customer if the advisor they are waiting on is not available when the customer arrives on the drive. Take complete information for an advisor and leaving a note with all information needed to complete the RO. Create an RO with a complete story, just as you would for yourself.
- Coordinate with the manufacturer and/or extended warranty companies to get approval in advance of repairs and take precautions necessary to guarantee our payment.
- Have a full knowledge of all the products we sell and the various warranties on them with the ability to sell the product to a customer.
- Satisfy customer’s immediate service needs, use low key, high integrity methods to present additional needed services. Sell the benefits of the product you are presenting. (How Why and When) “By completely flushing your Coolant system you clean the whole system removing the dirt inside the radiator, engine block, heater core and all the hose and replace the contaminated coolant with new coolant. Not just mixing the new coolant with old dirty coolant. Nissan suggest you do this every 30,000 miles or 24 month, I can have this completed today while we are servicing your vehicle.”
- Set Monthly and daily goals and strive to meet or beat your goals!!! (Track them)
- Never lose sight of your ultimate goal: CUSTOMER SERVICE.
- In the event of a customer comeback, complete a RED SHEET and let the shop foreman know what the customer is bringing the vehicle back for. Keep in contact with the customer every few hours. (over do this as it will give the customer the feeling we care and are on top of the issue)
- On all major jobs, warranty jobs and comebacks, customers should be called back the next day to be sure they are satisfied and their vehicle is preforming properly. (CSI)
STRONG WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF ADP
SALARY: 55K TO 120K (BASE PLUS COMMISSION)
401K, MEDICAL, DENTAL, VACATION
Indeed - 21 months ago
Town East Ford, is a family owned dealership for the past 38 years,where our only priority is you. At Town East Ford, we take care of you...