Virgin Islands National Guard
Area of Consideration: Open only to current Virgin Islands Army & Air National Guard members within the grades of 01 - 03 and WO1 - WO4. Virgin Islands Air National Guard member must be eligible to acquire membership in the Virgin Islands Army National Guard in an available and compatible military grade for the excepted technician position.
Position Location: Joint Force Headquarters
Selecting Official: MAJ Glenda Mathurin-Lee
PCS : PCS is not authorized.
Selected Reserve Incentive Program (SRIP): Acceptance of a Federal Excepted technician position of over 179 days in length will cause termination from the SRIP.
Type of Appointment : This is a full-time, Excepted Permanent dual-status, position which requires Virgin Islands Army National Guard membership.
Job Summary: The State Equal Employment Manager (SEEM) position is located in the Human Resources Office (HRO), Equal Employment Opportunity Branch. This position is under the general supervision of the Human Resources Officer (HRO), with direct access and advisory responsibility to the Adjutant General (TAG) on all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and diversity management issues. The position's purpose is to provide guidance and advice to the Adjutant General, senior commanders and managers on statutory requirements relating to the entire EEO program. The SEEM is the principal point of contact (POC) with the National Guard Bureaus Office of Equal Opportunity (NGB-EO) and the local district office of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
Background Check: Selectee may, at the option of the agency, be required to submit to criminal, credit history, and general background checks which will be evaluated by the agency prior to a final offer of employment and access into the Virgin Islands National Guard Federal Technician or Active Guard/Reserve program.
National Guard Membership: This position requires military membership. It is designated for Virgin Islands Army National Guard Officer and Warrant Officer incumbent(s) only. In accordance with ARNG regulations, incumbent performs duties necessary to accomplish military Equal Employment Manager functions in support of programs essential to state Army National Guard daily operations, training and readiness missions. As a member of a Virgin Islands Army National Guard unit, you will be required to train with your unit, normally one weekend a month and 15 days of annual training each year. Virgin Islands Army National Guard units and members are subject to immediate call to federal or state active duty to meet national or state emergencies.
- Must be a current US Citizen.
- Under 5 USC 2108 & 5 CFR 211, Veteran's Preferences criteria does not apply
- Direct Deposit Banking is Mandatory.
- Military Requirement: 42B, 42H; 420A.
The following list of duties is not conclusive but provides a brief snapshot of the duties that may be required of this position:
- Manages the Equal Employment Opportunity Program within the state.
- Plans, develops and implements the National Guard Bureau Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Program at the state level, which requires the development and implementation of an Affirmative Employment Program (AEP) covering both short and long range goals and objectives.
- Serves as the agent of information for policy guidance on EEO, EO and all discrimination complaint matters (dual and non-dual status).
- Coordinates with other human resource work centers such as staffing and classification in developing recruiting and employment strategies to ensure equity and diversity within the states workforce.
- The Affirmative Employment Program requires that position openings, promotions, position selections, separations, and career development must be in compliance with applicable EEO laws and regulatory requirements.
- Develops and implements the National Guard Technician AEP at state level, which is a multi-year plan.
- Captures and profiles technician and military statistical data on a regular basis.
- Accomplishes a quarterly review and analysis to monitor progress.
- Meets and consults regularly with all levels of management and employees to locate, define and correct deficiencies and/or problem areas.
- In conjunction with the State HR/EO and MEO Officers, coordinates and assists in the development of ANG EO and ARNG MEO military programs and affirmative action plans.
- Participates in national training conferences that have Department of Defense, and National Guard Bureau involvement and participation, as part of the total community outreach initiative.
Coordinates all Special Emphasis Programs, diversity, and EEO awareness issues with recruiting and public affairs personnel, community managers, HR/EO and MEO Officers.
- Manages the States EEO/EO complaints processing system on behalf of the Adjutant General.
- Selects, trains, and supervises all EEO counselors for collateral duties within the state, ensuring that an adequate number of trained counselors is available to meet requirements imposed by law and regulation.
- Coordinates with the state HR/EO and MEO Officers to ensure complaints are properly and expeditiously processed upon reaching the level of the Adjutant General.
- Ensures requisite support to NGB investigations, fact-finding and EEOC hearings.
- Provides statistical data to NGB Office of Equal Opportunity in accordance with EEOC, DoD and NGB regulations. Ensures discrimination complaint statistics are gathered and maintained.
- Responds to inquiries from Congressional, White House, DoD, NGB and other sources on discrimination complaint matters.
General Experience: Must possess administrative, professional, investigative, technical or other type of experience which demonstrates ability to meet and deal effectively with persons of different ages, races, and economic and education background; to collect and assemble pertinent facts, and to prepare clear and concise written reports.
Specialized Experience: Must have at least 36 months specialized experience involving the administering, delivering, maintaining, advising, and adapting advanced concepts, principles, and theories of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to the unique organizational, management, and mission requirements. Experience assisting in the development of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policies and procedures. Experience advising management on Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) principles and practices.
Other Requirements : For positions requiring a driver's license candidate must have a valid state driver's license for the state in which they live or principally employed. For positions requiring a security clearance candidate must possess a security clearance (Secret or Top Secret) or be able to obtain a clearance within One year of appointment.
National Guard Compatibility : Once an applicant is selected and prior to being placed in the technician Equal Employment Manager position the selectee must be assigned to any unit in the Virgin Islands Army National Guard as an Officer and Warrant Officer member in BR: 42B, 42H and WMOS: 420A. Rank inversion is strictly prohibited. Wear of the Army uniform as prescribed by AR/NGB/VI NGR is required for incumbent of this position. Acceptance of this position constitutes concurrence with this requirement as a condition of employment.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics).
The Federal Government offers a comprehensive benefits package. Explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees at http://www.usajobs.gov/ResourceCenter/Index/InteractiveBenefits#icc .
Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see www.sss.gov ).
usajobs.gov - 18 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...