Produce Assistant Manager - City Market #440 (Montrose, CO)
16400 S Townsend Avenue
Montrose, CO 81401
POSITION SUMMARY :
The Produce Assistant Manager assists the Produce Manager with the following: provide superior customer satisfaction through the management and leadership of the produce personnel. This will be done by maintaining high standards in produce quality, variety, selection, food safety and sanitation. This is to be accomplished in accordance with Kroger policy on business ethics; through fair and honest dealings with employees, vendors, customers and all outside parties.
JOB DUTIES :
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for one’s own safety and the safety of those with whom you work
- Follow and maintaining all OSHA regulations and City Market Safety and Sanitation policies
- Set the example for superior customer service
- Responsible for Total Produce Department functions and activities in the absence of the Produce Manager (days off or Vacations, etc.) May include disciplining an employee, calling in extra needed labor, revising schedules, etc.
- Assisting in overseeing the Salad Bar, along with the Salad Bar Manager, and assisting in the daily activities as needed.
- To monitor and maintain optimum levels of customer service by teaching and enforcing all programs
- Be able to place Produce orders for the needs of the department. Must be done in a timely manner, keeping in mind the needs of the department and maintaining stock levels
- Holidays, staffing of department, merchandising needs and personnel needs and personnel issues must be planned, discussed with the management and executed as appropriate
- Must train all employees on: new produce policies, product knowledge, new CM policies or programs
- Product must be culled every day and dealt with immediately, keeping in mind shrink
- All surveys must be filled out and sent in a timely manner
- Responsible for accurate signing and pricing
- Be able to be flexible with scheduled working hours, as the Produce Head Clerk may be scheduled to work when the Produce Manager is off, or work opposite schedules. Be willing to work evening shifts.
- Responsible for checking product off of invoices on a daily basis and then turning them in for payment daily
- Other duties as assigned.
Some of the Competencies/Skills required to successfully perform this position are:
- Building Strategic Working Relationships - Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Building Trust - Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
- Communication - Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Customer Focus - Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
- Inclusion – Appreciating and leveraging the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals. Working effectively with individuals of diverse style, ability, and motivation for a direct effect on business results.
- Safety Awareness - Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
- Aligning Performance for Success - Focusing and guiding others in accomplishing work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Assimilating and applying new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Continuous Improvement - Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; using appropriate methods to identify opportunities, implement solutions, and measure impact.
- Composure - Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Decision Making - Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Delegating Responsibility - Allocating decision-making authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate others to maximize the organization's and individuals' effectiveness.
- Developing Others - Planning and supporting the development of individuals' skills and abilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Managing Change - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work
environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Planning and Organizing - Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Results Oriented – Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment: using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goal attainment: tenaciously working to meet or exceed those goals while deriving satisfaction from the process of goal achievement and continuous improvement.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge, Compliance and Skills – Achieving a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position and/or related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise. Ensures associates and location comply with laws and regulation applicable to the company.
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
Note: This is a zero-status position and an employee's number of scheduled hours is based on business needs. May be scheduled between 20 - 40 hours per week.
HOW TO APPLY :
www.citymarket.com/careers , select the "Store Opportunities" link followed by the "Get Started" link. When prompted enter ZIP Code 81401 and select City Market/King Soopers 440 from the list.
Jason Martinez, Management Recruiting Department
CAREER HUB: www.grocery.coloradojobs.com
TEXT ALERTS: Text KINGCITY to 447363
DRUG SCREENING :
King Soopers/City Market adheres to the philosophy of a DRUG FREE WORK ENVIRONMENT. To this end, we ask that our external Finalist Candidates PASS A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN prior to any job offer being made.
Kroger - 17 months ago