UAS Test Engineer reports to the UAS Test Engineering Manager and provides formal test and qualification support to various internal and external customers. Area of responsibility concentrates on test and evaluation of the Shadow family of Unmanned Aircraft Systems and other UAS as required. Postion involves detailed test planning, execution of test readiness reviews, conduct of testing (including laboratory, flight, environmental, and EMI), data collection, and reporting of test activity. Testing will be conducted at AAI facilities and remote customer and commerical facilities. Travel of between 30 and 50% is required. Detailed tasking includes:
- Requirements analysis for testabillity and traceability
- Participation in working groups, program reviews, and test readiness reviews
- Participation in systems integration test events
- Development of detailed test plans and procedures
- Coordination and management of test articles and support equipment.
- Coordination with external sub-contractors to arrange off-site test events
- Coordination of composite test teams including customers, subject matter experts, flight crews, and sub-contractors
- Execution of testing at AAI, teaming partner, and customer facilities
- Test status reporting and defect tracking
- Data reduction and analysis
- Development of comprehensive test reports
- Support of test engineering process development
Effective written and oral communication skills
Ability to present information to large audiences
Ability to organize and prioritize assigned tasks
Effective leadership skills
Familiarity with test and evaluation principles
Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
Able to work independently
Ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance is essential.
Must be a U.S. citizen.
Bacholor of Science degree
from an accredited school in an engineering discipline or Computer Science. Masters degree is a plus.
Minimum of 2 years experience in the test and evaluation of systems
Minimum of 2 years hardware, software, or combined hardware/software testing experience including creating test cases, procedures and plans from hardware, software, and system requirements documents.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to classified information.
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Feb 4, 2013, 10:21:22 AM
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and
Textron - 19 months ago
AAI flies high, with or without pilots. AAI makes aerospace and defense systems, including unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) systems for the US...