For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey. TOMORROW starts here.
Senior QA Engineer
Cisco’s Security Technology Group (STG), is looking for Senior QA Engineer to be an integral part of our team in producing a cutting edge highly reliable real-time network security solution in our Security Intelligence Operations. As a member of the engineering staff, you will develop the testing strategy and systems needed to simulate and test complex data processing workflows often using real world network traffic information.
As a highly-technical creative person you will work closely with other engineers, technical leads and architects on design and implementation of in-house systems and performance testing.
• Define, develop and implement the tools and frameworks needed to perform automated testing.
• Define and drive creation of a robust, flexible and scalable automation solution for our backend data-processing systems.
• Own the functional, performance & scalability testing
• Understand, simulate and automate complex workflows and requirements.
• Understand a components and dependencies of entire product solution and define its testing strategy.
• Plan, document, automate and execute software tests for system, regression, scalability and performance testing.
• Define, develop, and implement continuous integration methodology.
• Create and implement quality/risk assessments process.c
• Be key player in release decision making process.
• Act as strong quality advocate
• Work in a dynamic environment collaborating with other Cisco teams, including data research and cloud operations groups.
• B.S. Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 8+ years of related experience testing and test automation
• Strong knowledge of QA methodologies
• Code across Java, C++ and scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Bash
• Strong Unix/LINUX skills (Ubuntu/Red Hat/Cent OS)
• Experience testing software at API level
• Experience with continuous integration, Jenkins or similar frameworks
• Expertise in building and maintaining testbeds, test environments and automated data driven test suites.
• Experience with proposing and design of complex test automation tooling
• Experience developing or enhancing existing unit tests
• Ability to conceptualize, analyze and explain complex and abstract problems, communicate test design rationale and build consensus
• Comfortable with taking the initiative regarding issues and decisions with minimal supervision
• Self starter working effectively individually as well as collaboratively with strong organizational skills
• Experience with Agile/Scrum development framework
• Experience testing and test automation of distributed systems
• Familiar with with Hadoop and MapReduce technologies
• Interests in data insights and analysis
• Experience with internet traffic simulation and network security test automation
• Experience testing high volume data processing applications
• Experience with Robot Framework similar frameworks
The successful candidate will be comfortable engaging in healthy debate with team members and lead the testing of production-quality code as required. All will be done in a Unix-based environment and will leverage both off-the-shelf/open-source technologies, as well as in-house engineered solutions.
Cisco Systems - 15 months ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...