Technical project manager with experience leading development efforts and supervising highly technical staff on large Java development projects. Candidate MUST have a strong development background preferably in Java/Oracle.
The Client has completed the requirements for replacement of one of its large statewide software applications. Planning for development and implementation activities is currently underway.
We require a Technical project manager with experience leading development efforts and supervising highly technical staff on large development projects is needed.
The technical project manager position will:
- Manage the design, development, testing and implementation of a new complex enterprise Java/JEE application.
- Lead the project team composed of a Java architect, Senior Java developers, business analysts and QA staff and will ensure that that the deliverables satisfy user requirements.
- Assign tasks, monitor milestones, manage risks, and coordinate requirements and implementations with stakeholders, other systems and the Engineering Unit.
- Review the project plans, system design and approaches, and the testing and development activities.
- Will be responsible for the testing and implementation of the new system. They may also perform software or database development and testing activities related to the project.
This position is expected to have an extensive software development background in addition to management and supervisory development experience. It is expected that they will be proficient in database commands and software development lifecycle processes. It is highly desirable that this position have extensive Java/JEE and Oracle development experience.
- Experience as a technical project manager on a large software development projects using Java/JEE, enterprise databases and web technologies.
- Proficiency and experience with relational database commands (inquiries, updates, etc.).
- Enterprise software development and design experience -
- Knowledge and/or working experience with web services and web frameworks (i.e. Struts) -
- Knowledge and/or working experience with O/R Mapping framework (Hibernate/JPA) and Spring
- Working knowledge of Oracle and PL/SQL
- Experience in supervision of highly technical Java/JEE staff
- Demonstrated past experience managing development projects through the entire life cycle.
- Excellent communication and written skills Required
- Experience with test driven software development
- Experience and/or knowledge of UML/Rational Unified Process (RUP)
- Experience wiht Service Oriented Architecture
- Corp2Corp, 1099, W2: $80/hr or $160,000(for well qualified candidates who meet the above requirements)
- W2 Compensation Range - $140,000 to $150,000 based on experience
- Contact: (804)-491 9364 for more details or questions.