microDATA, a TCS company, is looking for a fast-paced and flexible individual who is skilled in enterprise application GUI development. The candidate will have a qualified background in enterprise application development using Microsoft .Net technologies. Software Developers at microDATA are highly self-motivated, hardworking individuals with superior programming/systems talent. Their primary responsibility is to maintain and develop 9-1-1 software and related components.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 2+ years development experience in Microsoft .Net language; VB.NET or C#
- WPF or Silverlight development experience is a must
- Understanding of XAML and MVVM design pattern
- Strong skills in developing clean GUI interfaces
- Understanding of SQL Server
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems
- Enterprise Application Development experience is desired
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- TFS or Visual Source Safe knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft PRISM or CAL best practices is a plus
- Expression Blend experience is a plus
- Utilize .NET, SQL Server 2005/2008 to develop 9-1-1 software
- Development of web and desktop client applications for an enterprise 911 system
- Maintain existing code base of 9-1-1 Software
- Troubleshoot complex problems
- Document work performed
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time, and as a member of each project team.
- Responsible for writing technical specifications. Provide design recommendations, developing applications and custom integration solutions, including major enhancements & interfaces.
- Develop & modify complex software systems using disciplined software development processes.
- Test and maintain application modules, reinforcing the use of QA principles and processes, from multiple systems that have been developed or modified.
- Develop & execute test plans, test scenarios, test scripts and/or workflow usage.
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
- 2 or more years developing software in a Microsoft .Net language
- Proven ability to design UI applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to independently make accurate and timely decisions
Telecommunication Systems - 14 months ago