Database Administrator, P osition # 56940
JOB ID: 35407
Information Technology Services / Infrastructure and Operations Support
Negotiable with experience.
This is a time limited position.
Background Check Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or other appropriate degree and two years experience or a combination of appropriate post high school education and experience equal to six years.
- Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be experienced in Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN)
- Experience with Oracle version 10g or 11g
- Worked as an Oracle DBA on AIX, Unix, or Linux
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check.
This position requires compliance with University confidentiality policies.
Provides operational support and administration for database technologies. Assists with reviewing, designing and maintaining University databases. Assists management with Oracle Database administration functions. Position is taking on all of the responsibility for Oracle instances, to include ERP.
Responsible for day-to-day administration of all test, development, and production databases including creation and maintenance of data objects, performance tuning and monitoring, installation and software maintenance, and implementation and maintenance of database security. This includes all ERP Oracle databases, SQL Server database support, and basic DB2 mainframe support.
Responsible for evaluation and recommendation of appropriate technical solutions to resolve database performance issues.
Assist management team in the development and implementation of project plans, proposals, and recommended policies and procedures to effectively administer database systems.
Responsible for formulation and documentation of procedures to insure the continued operation of the applications dependent on the databases.
Other duties and requirements as specified by the supervisor.
- Experience with all aspects of Data Guard and demonstrate superior skills in query and database tuning
- Proficient in PL/SQL
- Working with AWR and ADDM
- Worked with Oracle Enterprise Manager (Grid Control)
- Strong skills in shell scripting and implementing new technology into the existing server structure.
- Experience working with People Soft, Golden Gate, DB2 on zOS, UDB 9.7, and SQL Server 2008 a plus.
- Highly motivated and career minded
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.
How to Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific vacancy as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu .
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include work history and all education details (if applicable) even if attaching a resume.
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action Employer
Monster - 13 months ago