Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Geotechnical Engineer Department Manager
Type of Position:
• Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering/Architectural Engineering with an emphasis in Geotechnical Engineering
• Minimum ten (10) years of primarily geotechnical engineering design and construction management experience
• Must be a Registered Professional Engineer in the State of North Carolina
• Ability to manage and or direct other managers in the use of project schedules
• Proficient business development, marketing and sales skills
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
URS Corporation - North Carolina is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Geotechnical Engineer Department Manager for immediate employment in the Morrisville (Raleigh), North Carolina office. The position will lead and further build our Geotechnical Engineering Practice. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in geotechnical engineering related to landfills, dams, and embankments. Assignments will focus on civil and/or structural engineering for heavy industrial projects.
• Manages and performs project work for key clients
• Front line supervisor who manages individual contributors
• Responsible for the overall quality of staff's work and oversees projects
• Provides leadership, mentorship, training and direction to staff in the department
• Provides direction to the team leaders to ensure the financial reporting, administrative requirements and project controls are attained
• Manages a specialty area of/or sub-specialty
• Tracks financial performance of the section/team and monitors staff sold time and work backlog
• Responsible for compliance within corporate financial control policies
• Understanding of and compliance with URS' policies and procedures
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those listed above.
Do the best work of your life! URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
URS does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party agencies or recruiters. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to hiring managers. All resumes must be submitted by the applicant to be considered for a position at URS.
With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction...