SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for an Event Coordinator at the CenturyTel Center. The Event Coordinator will advance and coordinate all events for the facility, ensuring client/licensee needs are met and that building staff is informed of all event related activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise fulltime security positions in the absence of the Event Services Manager.
- Communicate with tenants to obtain necessary technical requirements and other event related information.
- Inspect buildings and specific meeting areas to evaluate suitability for occupancy, considering such factors as air circulation, lighting, location, room size and event requirements.
- Ensure that the equipment, physical set-up and personnel provided meet the requirements of the event and the tenant’s contractual agreement.
- Develop assignment schedules for all staffing requirements for the proper presentation of event.
- Ensure all pertinent information is obtained, compiled in event files and distributed to proper entities. This includes, but is not limited to, compiling, filing, and distributing medical service reports, accident reports, ejections, arrest, parking lists, staffing schedules, payroll and turnstile/stub reports.
- Coordinate with the Box Office regarding technical and production requirements that impact sights lines and/or cause seating obstructions.
- Prepare cost estimates for events.
- Support the Event Services Manager in overseeing the participation of city departments, such as police, traffic and public works for facility activities.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with police, fire, EMS and other security personnel and/or safety organizations.
- Supervise employees in the parking, event services, public safety and medical services divisions.
- Manage the preparation for upcoming events. Knowledge of methods in setting up/tearing down events, housekeeping/cleaning techniques of large public facilities, exhibiting and show utilities (i.e., special lighting, booth wiring, compressed air, etc.) is useful.
- Plan, organize and direct various personnel and activities necessary to establish a safe and efficient environment.
- Assist in the development and coordination of training programs for regular and part-time employees to increase awareness of safety issues, policies and procedures.
- Schedule event staff for day-to-day operations and special events. Continue to adjust and update work schedules to reflect cost efficiency and building activity.
- Assist with budget preparation and track budget allocation throughout the year.
- Assist in developing and implementing facility security plans.
- Handle complaints, disturbances or related problems with the public, staff or promoters.
- Investigate, report and provide follow-up on incidents including damage or injury to the facility or individuals.
- Gain control over unusual circumstances caused by fire, storms, riots and other emergencies.
- Assist in training guards, event staff and other personnel in protective procedures, first aid, fire safety and other emergency procedures.
- Assist Operations Department in administrative duties as needed.
- Work irregular schedule to insure proper supervision of all events and activities scheduled in the facility as required.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Possess knowledge of building operations, maintenance, practices and safety requirements.
- Demonstrate knowledge of principles and techniques of planning, implementing and supervising event staff. Possess knowledge of security issues related to major sports and entertainment venue.
- Coordinate and satisfy the requirements of multiple events occurring simultaneously.
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Engage in decisions related to crowd management in a prompt and decisive manner during crisis situations.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using MS Windows, MS Office and Turbo CAD.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
Monster - 3 years ago
SMG Management wants to take you out to a ball game, or a concert, or a convention. SMG is one of the world's largest entertainment...