Join our team! Live and work in one of the most unique cities in the US when you become a member of the National Finance Center.
The mission of the National Finance Center: To design, develop, implement and operate, cost-effective, financial, administrative, and management information system and services supporting the missions of the USDA and its customers.
This position is located in the Office of Chief Financial Officer, National Finance Center (OCFO/NFC) in New Orleans, LA, Information Technology Services Division (ITSD), Computer Resources Management Branch (CRMB)..
This vacancy may be used to fill similar positions in ITSD. Please note this position is only being recruited for the GS 11 level. Full performance is at the GS 12 level. KEY REQUIREMENTS
U.S. Citizenship or Naturalized U.S. Citizen
Background and/or Security Investigation required
Resume' and supporting documents (See How to Apply)
Travel relocation and expenses will NOT be paid DUTIES:
The incumbent performs IT Specialized Administrative Duties in the accomplishment of branch level projects in support of IT resource and process administration, and/or special projects area.
Manages senior-level management activities in support of major IT projects and initiatives.
Plans, executes, documents, tracks, and reports on a wide variety of IT related initiatives.
Controls formal definition and tracking of IT projects including budget, schedule and performance.
Drafts documentation of and analyzes IT policy and procedures.
Schedules technical meetings and resources.
Receives, reviews, and edits a wide variety of technical documents.
Takes and transcribes minutes for a variety of technical meetings.
Develops and distributes agendas for technical meetings.
Plans and supports implementing proposed solutions and enhancements. QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience that must have been at least equivalent to the GS-09 level of specialized work experience in the Federal service, that included administering technical meetings; organizing technical and non-technical documents; attend technical meetings; produce, coordinate, and publish meeting minutes; developing, coordinating and publishing agendas for technical meetings; working closely with Senior Technical and Non-technical Management in developing and maintaining all technical documents for a data center.
FAILURE TO DIRECTLY ADDRESS THE ABOVE SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE STATEMENT IN YOUR RESUME WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM FURTHER CONSIDERATION FOR THIS POSITION.
Applicants must also have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Selective Placement Factors:
Management has also identified Selective Placement Factors. These are skills and experience required for an individual to qualify for this position. Applicants who do not possess this experience will be found not qualified. These factors must be DIRECTLY and SPECIFICALLY addressed in your resume.
Candidates must meet qualification requirements within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement. All candidates' eligibility must remain active to receive further consideration throughout the employment process. Qualification standards are found in the Operating Manual of Qualifications Standards for General Schedule Positions which is published by the Office of Personnel Management. You may review these operating manuals in their entirety at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/standards/indexes/num-ndx.asp and all Federal personnel offices. HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
- Demonstrated expert/advanced skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office 2007 products to include MS Word 2007 and MS Excel 2007.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Visio 2007.
Category Rating: Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you meet minimum qualifications and your application demonstrates you possess the particular competencies for this position. Eligible candidates will then be placed for selection consideration into 1 of the 3 categories as described below:
1. Best-Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates experience as an expert in the field or recognized as a senior specialist, team lead, etc.
2. Well-Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates full-performance level experience based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
3. Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualifications and demonstrates minimum experience and/or training only based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your rating may be adjusted and/or you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You will be rated on the following Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other characteristics (KSAOs) as part of the assessment questionnaire for this position. You are NOT required to respond to these separately:
- Skill in the scheduling of technical meetings to include the meeting area and other resources.
- Skill in requesting, collecting, organizing, reviewing, editing, and preparing for distribution all technical documents for meetings.
- Skill in problem solving.
- Skill in collaboration with technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts both orally and written.
- Knowledge of IT life cycle management.
This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees. http://www.usajobs.gov/ResourceCenter/Index/Interactive/Benefits OTHER INFORMATION:
CTAP/ICTAP: Career Transition Assistance Program/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program, to beel eligible to exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at least Well-Qualified, based upon the rating criteria for this position. Submit copy of RIF separation notice and/or SF-50 that documents the RIF separation action. For information on how to apply as an CTAP/ICTAP eligible please click here .
Selective Service: If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959 , you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law. Click here for more information.
Veterans Preference: If you are entitled to veterans preference, you should indicate the type of veterans preference you are claiming on your résumé . Your veterans preference entitlement will be verified by the employing agency.
Assessed applicants will be placed in the appropriate quality category and ranked according to veterans preference eligibility and non-preference eligibility. Within each category, all qualified preference eligibles are placed ahead of non-preference eligibles. Preference eligibles do not receive additional points under category rating procedures. For positions other than professional and scientific at the GS-09 level or higher, qualified CPS and CP preference eligibles are placed at the top of the highest quality category. For professional and scientific positions at the GS-9 level or higher, qualified CPS and CP preference eligibles are placed at the top of the appropriate quality category for which rated.
- For 5-point veterans preference, please provide your DD-214 Member-4 copy (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty), official statement of service from your command if you are currently on active duty, or other official documentation (e.g., copy of military orders, campaign documents as: or expeditionary award citation, etc.) that proves your military service was performed under honorable conditions.
- For 10-point veterans preference, please submit a Standard Form (SF) 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference and the required documentation listed on the back of the SF-15 form.
Below is the link to OPM's "Category Rating Fact Sheet" (answers questions regarding various hiring reform issues (i.e., the purpose of Category Rating, Veteran's preference and how it's applied under Category Rating, etc.):
Some positions within this series may require the selectee to obtain/maintain a high-level background investigation and/or security clearance. Failure to obtain/maintain the appropriate background investigation and/or security clearance may serve as the basis for termination of employment .
- Survey: In order to determine if the recruitment efforts of the Office of the Chief Financial Officer are reaching the broadest possible spectrum of America's population, we request that you complete the Demographic Information on Applicants form available at the following link, http://www.nga.gov/pdf/app_bg_survey.pdf , and then print and submit the form along with their application. Submission of this form is entirely voluntary and your replies on it are highly confidential. Your completion of the form will not impact your chances of selection but will; instead, assist us in improving our recruitment efforts in the future.
We provide leadership on food, agriculture, natural resources, rural development, nutrition, and related issues based on sound public...