BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position coordinates the warehouse operations and resources.
- Develop necessary trainings and procedures for the warehouse operations.
- Distribute the warehouse space to meet all cross-contamination requirements for the materials stored.
- Coordinate loading/unloading operations of raw materials, packaging components, in-process materials, such as Reworks and Bulks, and the different Finished Goods Products manufactured in Manati.
- Coordinate the availability of necessary equipment to support the operations.
- Responsible for the Receiving area for packaging components, Raw Materials, Technical Materials, Intermediates, Manufacturing Supplies and miscellaneous supplies.
- Responsible for shipping different Finished Goods, Bulks, Intermediate Products and other materials to different BASF subsidiaries and/or affiliates in compliance with the different Corporate and Governmental Regulations (such as Customs, FIFRA, DOT, IATA, IMDG and Dangerous Goods regulations and others) and International Regulations (ICAO, etc.).
- Responsible for the verification and tracking of the demurrage invoices and prior to be sent for payment approval, for coordinating and maintenance of the time and attendance software as well as vacation time for the warehouse team.
- Coordinate the loading and unloading of containers in the warehouse and around the different areas around the site.
- Coordinate the material movement between the warehouse and the operational areas on timely and ordinate fashion for the different campaigns.
- Responsible for the timely loading of Ensures Finished Goods Products with the proper labels and identification to meet BASF subsidiaries and affiliates deadlines in compliance with Corporate and Government regulation for all shipments (ocean, ground and air) are in compliance with the different Corporate, Governmental and International Regulations.
- Responsible for the sampling operation of all incoming materials, such as active ingredients, raw materials and printed packaging components.
- Define the storage strategy that allows meeting the cross-contamination requirements as well as optimizing warehouse storage.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- BA or BS Degree.
- Previous experience in the transportation business and/or warehouse operations.
- One to three years of experience as a Supervisor in a similar position, or equivalent experience. Computer literate in Microsoft Office (MS Word, Access, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Experience in SAP, Bar Code Systems, others.
- Knowledge of the US and International shipping requirements
- Certification and/or training in DOT, IATA, IMDG, 49CFR, imports and exports, Dangerous Goods.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems highly desirable.
- Certification and/or training in FIFRA & others.
Primary Location: United States-Puerto Rico-Manati
Function: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: APN-Agricultural Products Division
BASF - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company – The Chemical Company.
With about 112,000 employees, six Verbund sites and close...