- RockTenn (NYSE: RKT)
Following the acquisition of Smurfit-Stone Container Corporation in May 2011, RockTenn is one of North America’s leading manufacturers of paperboard, containerboard and consumer and corrugated packaging and one of the world’s largest paper recyclers, with annualized net sales of approximately $10 billion. Based in Atlanta, GA, we operate 245 facilities in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Chile, Argentina and China.
Our facilities include:
- 183 manufacturing facilities
- 25 paper mills
- 37 recycling facilities
In North America, we are the:
- Largest paper recycler
- Largest display manufacturer
- Largest pre-print linerboard producer
- 2nd largest producer of containerboard and corrugated packaging
- 2nd largest producer of clay-coated recycled paperboard
RockTenn Kimball TN Folding Carton
Kimball , TN
The Electronics Technician at RockTenn Kimball Folding Carton, Kimball, TN, conducts, maintains, tests and repairs electrical/electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components. This position applies knowledge of electrical and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunction and apply skills in restoring equipment to operation. Provides skilled mechanical and electrical/electronic support to all areas of manufacturing. This position reports directly to the Maintenance Reliability Manager.
Tasks & Duties:
- Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment including but not limited to programmable controls, power supplies, drives, gages and test equipment.
- Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
- Advises operators and line mechanics of operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and components.
- Informs appropriate management and line mechanics of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
- Maintains company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance functions as directed.
- Assists maintenance personnel with technical troubleshooting.
- Performs work schedule as assigned by Planner/Scheduler.
- Completes Training as scheduled by Reliability Manager.
- Performs other duties assigned by Reliability Manager.
- Perform all duties according to established safety policy, including wearing all required PPEs to perform duties.
- This position will help keep department in specs within all 5S and SQF guidelines, and immediately report any food safety concerns to management.
- Willing to work flexible hours as necessary.
Skills & Competencies:
- Proven experience in the mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic fields are required and the ability to demonstrate high proficiency in these areas.
- A thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes.
- Computer experience/operation and PLC programming a plus.
- High degree of precision working with minimum tolerances required.
- Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
Education & Experience:
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs, moving body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping and handling of materials.
- Use of power equipment/tools.
- Candidate must have a high school diploma or equivalent GED.
- 2 years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience in manufacturing environment.
- Must complete cGMP training and Departmental QOP training.
- Must pass Company pre-employment testing.
At RockTenn, we’re not just about making paperboard, packaging and displays. Our 26,000 employees are committed to exceeding their customers' expectations -- every time. We’re about perfecting performance and innovating to provide the lowest cost possible. We thrive on striving to be the best, because nothing less is acceptable.
If you enjoy this shared pursuit of perfection, a constant commitment to thinking beyond convention, putting customers first, reducing waste or discovering value where others haven’t, you’re one of us. Join a company that excels in attracting, developing and empowering employees to reach their potential
Rock-Tenn Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V