The Brooklyn Heights Medical Technologist-Per Diem is accountable for the accuracy and reliability in performing all laboratory tests. Able to evaluate workload and complete assignments on a daily basis, with proper communication to the Laboratory Lead Technologist.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. 1. Ensures that all testing performed under his/her supervision is according to established, approved procedures and quality control policies.
2. 2. Ensures that all testing is done under optimal conditions (ie. Instruments functioning properly; reagents in good condition and proper technique followed.)
3. 3. Responsible for notifying the doctor as soon as possible for STAT requests and PANIC values.
4. 4. Responsible for troubleshooting, and performing maintenance procedures on the instrumentation as dictated by the manufacturer.
5. 5. Responsible for entering and or checking data before they are entered into the patient's records.
6. 6. Investigates and troubleshoot problems; informs laboratory lead technologist of any and all serious problems.
7. 7. Responsible for the maintenance and retention of all documents needed for Federal/State inspections as directed by the Supervisor.
8. 8. Responsible for keeping track of all laboratory supplies and letting the Lead Technologists know when orders need to be placed, etc.
9. 9. Maintains an open line of communication with Laboratory Lead Technologist with work related issues according to shift.
10. 10. Complies with all Mount Sinai policies and OSHA regulations related to safety, cleanliness and infection control.
11. 11. Assist with the storing of Laboratory supplies, making sure to rotate stock due to reagents expiration dates.
12. 12. Performs other ancillary duties as directed by competent authority.
BS, in medical technologist from an accredited institution, must meet Testing Personnel qualifications for high complexity testing as defined per CLIA
Clinical Laboratory Technologist preferred
3 years minimum experience and able to work in all areas of the lab ASCP/NYSDH a Plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities - Broad knowledge of tests performed and equipment utilized in the laboratory.
Ability to deal with confidential information with the utmost discretion. Interpersonal skill necessary to deal courteously and effectively with administration, peers and the public.
Sufficient technical ability to be able to troubleshoot independently and knowledge to know when to ask for assistance.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds.
Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.
Mount Sinai Medical Center