Interstate PowerSystems is a distributor for Detroit Diesel Engines, Allison Transmissions, MTU-Engines, Carrier Transport Refrigeration, and MTU Onsite Energy Generators. We have been a market leader in the service industry for over 50 years, and we have excelled at providing solutions and adding value for our customers. Growth is a critical component of our business plan, and we are currently looking for a Diesel Technician to help us in that growth. Diesel Technicians fulfill a critical role in our operations. Employing over 600 technicians, Interstate provides services to a wide range of industries. As is our mission and our promise to our customers, we strive to provide “Pride in Service”. We do this by providing our technicians with the factory training they need to accomplish and sustain the highest efficiency possible.
• Responsible for troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair on all types of trucks.
• Diagnose, repair, adjust, and modify all heavy duty components.
• Positive interface with service writers, foreman, parts department and customers.
• Keep paper work updated and handed in upon completion.
• Meet requirements for certifications.
Ideal Candidate will possess the following qualities:
• Positive attitude.
• The ability to set goals and accomplish them.
• The desire to take advantage of certification opportunities to have the most updated product training.
• Solid written and verbal communication skills.
Requirements for diesel technician:
• High school degree or G.E.D.
• A minimum of 2-3 years experience working with diesel engines and heavy duty trucks.
• Must have your own set of general tools.
• Be able to work with diagnostic computers for troubleshooting and repairs.
• Use computers for web based training and work order system.
• Technical degree or certification a plus.
• Must be physically able to lift and work with no restrictions.
• Excellent compensation
• Continuing certification training
• Generous benefits including insurance options, vacation, holiday, and sick pay, 401(k) with employer match
Interstate is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage all qualified and interested persons to apply for this position by submitting a resume for consideration.|
Interstate Companies provides truck sales and expert service for on- and off-highway engines, transmissions and other products....