Research Associate 1 / Instrument Operator - 2nd Shift
About MPI Research:
MPI Research, with global headquarters in Mattawan, Michigan, provides discovery, safety evaluation, bioanalytical, and analytical services to the biopharmaceutical, medical device, animal health, and chemical industries. Scientific knowledge and experience, integrity, trust, teamwork, and dedication to strong and enduring Sponsor relationships are the defining attributes that characterize MPI Research as a high-performance, high-quality organization that is committed to bringing safer and more effective products to the world. Learn more about how we can exceed your expectations at www.mpiresearch.com.
This position is responsible for following established methods to quantify chemical entities according to applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and/or GxP regulations. This individual demonstrates proficiency in the use of instrumentation and laboratory techniques. This individual contributes to the department by completing assigned projects on time, participating in process improvement initiatives, and
communicating effectively with others.
(Duties & Responsibilities – purpose of the function and result to be accomplished) include but are not limited to those listed:
· Communicates effectively with supervisors, colleagues, Principal Investigators, and Study Directors.
· Demonstrates commitment to quality.
· Effectively works in a team and demonstrates a commitment to achieving company goals.
· Efficiently prioritizes assigned daily workload and uses time productively.
· Punctual and reliable attendance according to MPI Research company policy.
· Adheres to safety procedures at all times.
· Reads, understands, and follows SOPs, safety requirements, regulatory guidelines, and company
· Consistently follows established methods for isolating and quantifying compounds for routine sample
analysis utilizing standard analytical and immunology platforms.
· Possesses the ability to execute validation studies under direction.
· Consistently documents all procedures and materials in compliance with GxP standards.
· Operates applicable laboratory instruments including their respective software applications to prepare
sample and quantitate sample runs.
· Possesses the ability to learn and utilize software applications.
· Assists in the completion of laboratory investigations, assay troubleshooting, and quality
observations, as needed.
· Possesses a willingness to perform additional work as assigned by management and as part of the
individual’s development plan.
· MS/BS/BA in relevant field and 0-2 years of relevant experience; or
· HS/GED/Associates and 2-5 years of relevant experience.
· Computer skills, commensurate with Essential Functions and including ability to learn a validated
· Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, evenings,
weekends, extended shifts and/or extra shifts, sometimes on short notice.
· Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
· Ability to work under specific time constraints.
Benefits at a Glance:
· MPI Research provides the following competitive benefits:
· Three choices of medical coverage, including prescription drug and vision coverage
· Two choices of dental coverage
· Medical and dependent pre-tax flexible spending accounts
· Paid time off bank and holidays
· Retirement savings plan – 401K plan with company matching on employee contributions
· Short/Long term disability plans, voluntary life insurance, and company paid life insurance
· Tuition reimbursement program
· Employee assistance program
· Employees at MPI Research also are given the opportunity to participate in company-sponsored events, wellness programs, self-directed work teams and open communications programs such as the All Employee Survey.
MPI Research - 11 months ago
MPI Research helps drug developers answer a crucial question: Is it safe? The contract research organization (CRO) specializes in providing...