ProEnergy's Professional Services Group provides technical specialists and project management personnel to our power generation, ethanol, refinery and oil and gas industry clients. Our vast network of trained personnel has worked for some of the industry's finest companies around the world.
Our focus is on personnel for contract, temp-to-hire and direct-hire basis, and we are aggressively seeking versatile, focused, and motivated individuals to join our team.
Reports to the Turnaround Project Manager, and in some cases solely responsible as the project lead for company turnaround projects. The Turnaround Superintendent is responsible for the planned work, day-to-day coordination, supervision and field administration of the turnaround activities related to the project. Turnaround Superintendent will support the Turnaround Project Manager on activities related to Safety, Project Controls, Quality, Materials and Administration. Will work closely with coordinators to capture ideas for lowering project cost, improving productivity and schedule performance to achieve early project completion and earlier start up.
Responsible for project safety, a safe work environment and quality and policy compliance Turnaround Superintendent will coordinate side by side with the Safety and Quality Leads to verify compliance with all aspects of the Health, Safety and Environmental and Quality management of regulatory, facility, and company requirements. The Turnaround Superintendent will report directly to the Turnaround Project Manager (unless leading their own project, when reporting lines will be directly to the responsible General Operations Manager). Responsibilities: Development and implementation of detailed work plans and strategies. Implementation and management of regulations, policies, and procedures. Develop and manage the workload and work requirements of the project for personnel, subcontractors, and equipment to support effective and efficient project performance. Capable of fostering positive work environments Capable of following established plans, managing Change Management programs, and providing solution to barriers that projects and or work activities may encounter.
Insures that activities between the various crafts are closely coordinated, turnaround equipment utilization is managed in a productive manner and project procedures related to the safety and quality standards are upheld.
Insures proper handling of material and equipment for the project. Holds daily scheduling meetings for the respective work areas and works closely with the Subcontractors (and or Subcontracts Manager, Coordinators) in identifying and coordinating turnaround project subcontract activities as related to company scope of work. Turnaround needs that are identified by the Turnaround Manager (unless at the direction of the Superintendent) and or client will be coordinated to the fullest to obtain the required information or resources to support the overall turnaround schedule. The Turnaround Superintendents will be directly involved with the day-to-day work performance, the safety and quality performance on the project.
Capable of investigating problems to determine the “root cause”; suggesting and or implementing corrective measures for improvement.
- Knowledge of fixed mechanical equipment, piping systems, and heavy crane lifts.
- Collaborates with others to accomplish goals.
- Supports team decisions
- Broad experience in maintenance and construction practices, specifically related to turnarounds, outages, shutdowns.
- Extensive understanding of turnaround execution processes
- Support the development of
planning and execution milestones
- Ability to forecast work progression and support readiness of work that supports work progression continuation.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely management of work progress, timesheet data, and management of work schedules.
- Development and support goals of the turnaround project and develop a complete understanding of their functionality.
- Proven work history as a Superintendent supporting complex Turnaround projects.
- Minimum of 15+ years of industrial experience related to complex brown field projects and turnarounds, executed in a fast-track work environment.
- Minimum of 3 to 5+ years of “current” industrial Superintendent experience.
- Must be able to obtain N.A.S.A.P. background clearance and T.W.I.C.
- Ability to convey project results to the Project Management Team.
- Turnaround Scheduling experience
- Turnaround Planning experience
- Turnaround Estimating experience
- Cost Control and Cost Management experience
- MS Office
- SAP experience is a plus
- Ability to read P&ID’s and Engineered Drawing for equipment and piping.
- Ability to take direction and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well within complex and fast moving team environments.
- Ability to assemble crews of skilled mechanical craft teams is a plus.
- Must be willing to travel within the US as required by turnaround field service projects.
- Must be able to lead and control complex turnarounds and or equipment projects with minimal direction.
ProEnergy Services - 20 months ago