Applications Engineer - NVH Noise, Vibration & Harshness-1207124
Organization : Industrial Business Group
Primary Location: USA Region-United States-Indiana-Indianapolis
Job Type: Experienced
For more than 100 years, 3M has been a company that delivers both sustainable growth and consistent results. Today is no exception. We are making great progress toward inventing a new future for 3M - a future of faster growth and increased competitiveness, while continuing to deliver superior results.
3M’s Industrial & Transportation Business, Aerospace Aircraft Maintenance Division is currently seeking an Applications Engineer - NVH Noise, Vibration & Harshness in Indianapolis, IN.
This position will participate in market group activities, while being directly responsible for the Heavy Equipment Market Technical Support. This position requires continued development and use of existing NVH and Thermal energy control engineering skills to meet identified market and product needs through a broad array of dynamic and mechanical design and testing techniques.
In support of sales and marketing, this position provides engineering support, educational information, and training to sales personnel and present/prospective customers on the basic application of mechanical energy control products and system design. Our Application Engineers participate in joint sales calls with key account managers.
Our Engineer will also provide design, development and verification of thermal acoustic systems, solutions and components for a range of markets. Product/system testing will be conducted in a laboratory or field testing environment and significant, direct interaction with customers/prospects is required. The desired candidate will have prior experienced in the heavy equipment industry and can demonstrate solid skills in component designs in metals, plastics and a solid understanding of manufacturing methods and supply base. The activity focuses on the utilization of E-A-R materials and external products to provide improved thermal acoustic system performance in accordance with the customer’s requirements and/or specifications. These duties include project planning, scheduling, field communications, implementation and documentation of results.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Basic/Minimum Qualifications :
- Bachelor's level degree or higher in an Engineering, Science or Technical discipline from an accredited University
- 5+ years of Engineering experience
- Noise & Vibration Control and/or Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH)Experience
- 1+ combined years of experience do you have with Pro/E, SolidWorks, or Unigraphics/Siemens CAD software
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering,
- Thermal Energy Control experience
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Structural static/dynamic and/or thermal
- Statistical Energy Analysis Experience
- Noise and vibration Data acquisition and/or analysis experience
- Component Design experience
- Experience with single and dual channel FFT and digital filter analyzers, measurement transducers (microphones, accelerometers, force gauges, etc.)
- Experience with conditioning amplifiers, vibration shaker systems, digital oscilloscopes, and other standard electronic laboratory equipment.
- Posses an in-depth knowledge of current metal, plastic, and rubber component/structure fabrication, molding, and manufacturing techniques used in industrial applications.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M.
3M is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
3M - 12 months ago
At 3M, we pair imaginative thinking with science-based technology to create globally-renowned products. We lead scores of markets: health...