SkillSoft has been a leader in e-learning since 1989. Our success is driven by the hard work, energy and creativity of our employees. If you want to be a part of a culture that blends the entrepreneurial spirit and innovation of a technology company with a passion for and commitment to learning, we want to connect with you.
At SkillSoft, we provide learning and support solutions that connect our customers’ business objectives with long-term success. In the same way, we provide you with a work environment that values respect, integrity and continuous learning. It’s an environment in which you will be able to develop your talents, achieve your goals and connect with the rewarding career you’ve always wanted.
SkillSoft is looking for a Temporary Program Manager with experience in a software and content development environment. The appropriate candidate is expected to drive programs and projects and the dependencies between them, reporting on progress, identifying and communicating risks and issues. The Temporary Program Manager will coordinate activities and deliverables across the organization including software development, business applications development, IT, quality assurance, content development, marketing, hosting/production and the field. The Temporary Program Manager will provide support such as creating and maintaining project/program plans, status reports and timelines throughout the solution lifecycle.
Education and Certifications
- Manage complex product offerings with many project interdependencies
- Manage large programs and projects with compressed development and testing cycles
- Possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and be able to communicate with all levels of the organization including technical engineers and management
- Drive the resolution of complex problems through the solution lifecycle
- Possess very strong initiative and outstanding follow-up and organizational skills
- Demonstrate strong people skills/team skills and the ability to effectively drive cross functional teams
- Able to be a creative thinker and problem solver with the ability to troubleshoot given minimal information
- Possess a flexible attitude and an ability and willingness to multi-task
- Able to focus on detail but understand how the work fits into the larger program
- Experience with offshore and remote teams is a plus
- Experience with MS Project, Excel, Word, SharePoint a plus
- PMP Certification desirable
A Bachelors of Science degree is preferred with 5 or more years of experience.
EEO Statement: It is the policy of SkillSoft Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), covered veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law.
Skillsoft - 2 years ago
SkillSoft provides cloud-based training courses and software for business and information technology (IT) professionals. It offers about...